As dinnertime rolled around last night, I scoured my cupboards trying to figure out what to make. I had some cilantro I needed to use up, some wraps that needed to be eaten and a craving for avocado that resulted in these spicy chickpea wraps with spinach, avocado and cilantro.
I’m definitely going to make this chickpea mixture again soon. I think it would be awesome in collard green wraps and I will most definitely be trying that soon! I’d also recommend adding some lime juice to the chickpeas, I didn’t have any limes on hand but I’m sure that would be really good!
Spicy Chickpea Wraps with Spinach and Avocado
This recipe is nothing fancy, it’s very easy to make with common ingredients but the taste certainly won’t let you down. If you need a super quick and easy meal that makes great leftovers too, then this is for you! If you like this idea, you can also try my buffalo chickpeas, chickpea scramble or chickpea “tuna” salad.
I served these wraps with a side of baked sweet potato chips which went along perfectly with the wrap. I’d say this meal is a healthy version of going out for pub food, so skip the greasy burgers and deep-fried foods and choose these protein, fibre and vitamin-packed spicy chickpea wraps instead.Print
A very quick and easy dinner that’s packs a punch. The chickpea mixture tastes even better the next day so feel free to make that ahead of time and store in the fridge. It’s also great in salads or eaten just as is!
- 2 19oz cans of chickpeas, well-rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp Sirracha sauce
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 head green lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 avocado/person
- chopped green onion for topping
- Place the chickpeas and Sirrached in a blender or food processor and pulse until the chickpeas are mostly broked down. It should be chunky but still hold together.
- Remove from mixer and place into a bowl.
- Add chopped red onion and cilantro and mix well.
- Prepare your wraps, place a good sized scoop of the chickpea mixture into each wrap.
- Top with lettuce, avocado and green onion.
- Roll and serve.
- This makes 6 large wraps but the extra chickpea mixture can be stored for later use.