Raw Beet and Apple Slaw
This beautiful raw beet and apple slaw is easy to make and perfect for a light main or side dish.
Beautiful beets contains vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, fibre, phosphorus, iron, vitamin B, A, C, folic acid and beta-carotene. They’re great for detoxifying the liver, contain feel-good tryptophan and betaine, can lower blood pressure and even improve inflammation.
And don’t forget those beet greens, they’re packed with nutrients too! That part I usually do cook. Try sautéing them in a little bit of olive oil, a lot of garlic and a spritz of lemon.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Here are some more wonderful, healthy salad to try:
- Beet Walnut Salad
- Carrot Beet Salad with Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Squash and Apple Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Roasted Beet Salad
- 2 medium/large or 3 small beets, peeled and grated
- 2 green apples, cut into matchsticks then cut in half (peel if you prefer)
- 1/2 head red cabbage, very finely sliced
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp raw organic sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black peppercorns
- Add everything to a bowl and mix well.
- Will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: raw, healthy, plant-based, easy, summer