Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Bowls
These low-carb roasted cauliflower broccoli bowls feature lemon roasted cauliflower, steamed broccoli, avocado and a variety of seeds for a filling vegan meal that’s rich in fiber, protein and healthy fats.
This bright and beautiful plant-based dish is rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats so it really fills you up! The recipe is low-carb and keto-friendly but can be enjoyed by anyone looking for a simple, nutritious and energizing meal.
Here’s what we’ve got in these yummy bowls:
- Lemon roasted cauliflower. Load up some cauliflower with salt, lemon and olive oil and roast until tender but crispy. So good!
- Steamed broccoli. Simple, classic steamed broccoli adds more nutrition, flavour, fiber and even a little protein!
- Avocado. Avocado is a must in low-carb dishes. Extra creamy and packed with nutrition, it’s the perfect addition to this bowl. I use 1/2 an avocado per bowl but you can use more or less depending on your nutritional needs.
- Seeds. I used pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and hemp seeds. All of these seeds are rich in fiber, protein and nutrients like iron, zinc and vitamin E. Good stuff! You can just the quantities to your preference or swap any of them for nuts like almond, walnut or cashew.
- Spinach. I use raw spinach but you could also lightly steam it. Kale makes a suitable alternative for spinach. If using kale, I’d recommend either lightly steaming it or massaging it with olive oil and lemon.
- Lemon tahini sauce. A simple lemon tahini sauce brings it all together. Try my miso tahini dressing or maple tahini dressing to switch things up.
How to Make this Recipe
This recipe is easy to make in under 40 minutes. Let’s go through the steps.
Step 1. Roast the cauliflower.
Start by getting the cauliflower in the oven. While it’s roasting, you can prep the rest of the bowls so they’re ready to go when the cauliflower is done.
Chop the cauliflower and toss it with the oil, salt and lemon. I just mix it all up on the pan rather than using a bowl. Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes. It should be soft but crispy and browned once done.
Step 2. Make the broccoli and tahini sauce.
While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the broccoli and tahini sauce. The broccoli can be steamed stovetop, in an Instant Pot or in the microwave. The tahini dressing can be whisked up in any bowl or container.
Step 3. Assemble the bowls.
Once everything is cooked and prepped, assemble the bowls, starting with spinach, followed by the veggies, avocado, seeds and tahini dressing. I like to add a little hot sauce, lemon, salt and pepper to finish them off.
More Recipes Like This
- Roasted Carrot Kale and Quinoa Bowl
- Tofu Kale Salad with Coconut Peanut Dressing
- Low-Carb Vegan Dinner Bowl
- Brown Rice Baked Tempeh Bowl
- Low-Carb Seed Bread
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 average-sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp avocado, olive or coconut oil
For the Tahini Sauce
For the Buddha Bowls
- one big handful of spinach, per bowl (about 1 cup, 30 g)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, or more if desired (about 1 cup per bowl)
- 1/2 an avocado per bowl
- 3 tbsp pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds), per bowl
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, per bowl
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds, per bowl
- lemon, salt, pepper and hot sauce for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and place on a baking sheet. It can be lined with parchment paper for easier clean up but I find you get a better result when roasted directly on the pan.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the lemon, oil and salt and use your hands to mix until all the peices are coated. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the broccoli and tahini sauce. The broccoli can be steamed using your preferred method. I use a steaming pot on the stovetop with a 13-minute timer once I turn the element on.
- To make the tahini dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a container until smooth and creamy. Adjust the amount of water used to reach a creamy but pourable consistency.
- Prepare 4 bowls or containers with a handful of fresh spinach. Once the veggies are ready, divide them between the bowls. Add 1/2 an avocado and your desired amount of seeds to each (or follow the suggested amounts). Divide the tahini dressing between the 4 bowls.
- Top with hot sauce, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve right away. Extra bowls can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days so if you’re making lunch for the next day, simply store in a sealed container.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 43 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 27 g
Keywords: roasted cauliflower bowl, low-carb vegan bowl