Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
These roasted caulilflower burrito bowls are completely plant-based for a delicious meatless meal that’s perfect any night of the week.
- Dietary Features: Vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free.
- High in protein and fibre.
- Great for meal prep!
- Enjoy warm or cold.
- Easy to make and customize with various additional ingredients or swaps.
A complete list of ingredients with amounts and full instructions is located in the printable recipe card below. This section covers ingredient and substitution considerations.
- Cauliflower: Use a large head or two small ones. It doesn’t have to be an exact amount but you want around 1 heaping cup per serving.
- Oil: Olive oil is used for roasting the cauliflower but avocado oil also works.
- Spices: Use the listed spice blend or substituted 2 tbsp taco seasoning of choice.
- Rice: I like white rice best here but if you’d like to use brown rice, that works too. Farro, quinoa or any other whole grain would also work here.
- Black Beans: Canned is great for convenience. Just drain, rinse and proceed. If you prefer to cook your beans from scratch, that works too!
- Bowl Ingredients: Totally customizable and we’ll go over some options below. I used corn, cilantro, salsa, red onion and avocado.
- Roast the cauliflower in oil and spices. I used cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice. I like white rice for burrito bowls but any kind works! Note that you’ll need up to 45 minutes if you use brown rice.
- Prepare the bowl ingredients. While the cauliflower and rice are cooking, prep the black beans, avocado, red onion, corn, salsa and cilantro.
- Assemble and enjoy! Divide the ingredients between 4 bowls or storage containers if you’re doing meal prep. Enjoy your yummy bowls!
One of the best things about burrito bowls is how flexible they are! Here are some other ingredients you can use to create your bowl:
- bell peppers (any colour works!
- roasted red peppers – use my easy roasted red pepper recipe
- pickled red onions – try my quick pickled red onion recipe
- grated dairy-free cheese of choice
- tortilla chips
- refried beans – try these Instant Pot refried black beans
- spinach or other greens
- sauce like my chipotle sauce, avocado cilantro sauce or chimmichurri sauce
- add tofu sofritas or swap it for the roasted cauliflower or beans
- add fajita-style mushrooms
- Let cool before storing.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Enjoy cold or heat in the microwave before enjoying.
- If storing, suggested to leave the avocado off until serving if you plan to reheat the bowls.
- Vegan Lentil Tacos
- Vegan Taco Salad
- Vegan Black Bean Burritos
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Black Beans and Rice
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review and be sure to tag me @runningonrealfood if you post it on social media.
Try these fresh and flavourful roasted cauliflower bowls with rice, black beans, salsa, red onion, avocado and cilantro for a healthy and delicious plant-based meal.
For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
For the Burrito Bowls
- 2–3 cups cooked rice or (1/2 to 3/4 cup cooked rice per bowl depending on nutritional needs)
- 19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup packed, finely chopped fresh cilantro (12 g)
- 1 cup corn (170 g)
- 1 cup diced red onion (150 g)
- 1 cup salsa (260 g)
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh lime, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Remove the thick stem and leaves from the head of cauliflower and chop it into florets. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper (optional) and add the cauliflower to the tray. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with all the spices. Use your hands to mix until all the florets are coated
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender and browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, start cooking your rice according to the package instructions. This will vary depending on the type of rice you use.
- While the rice and cauliflower are cooking, prepare the bowl ingredients. Dice the red onion, get the salsa, lime and corn ready, drain and rinse the black beans and prepare the avocado.
- Once the rice is ready, divide it between 4 bowls or containers.
- Divide the the cauliflower, onion, black beans, corn and cilantro between each serving.
- Finish each bowl with salsa and avocado (suggested to leave avocado off until serving if making for meal prep) and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Bowl ingredients don’t need to be exact. For each serving, I recommend roughly 3/4 cup rice, 1/4 cup each onion, cilantro, salsa and corn and 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado.
Storing: Bowls can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold or reheat in the microwave until heated to your preference. Suggested to leave the avocado off until serving if you plan to reheat the bowls.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Protein: 16 g
Keywords: cauliflower burrito bowl