These lentil tacos are so tasty, and super easy to make plus you’ll never know they’re vegan!
Thank goodness for lentils, I use them so often in my kitchen and they’re perfect for replacing meat in dishes like this. They’re filling, satisfying, savoury, high in protein and packed with all sorts of nutrition making them an important staple in a plant-based diet.
I used small, approximately 8 inch tortillas and was able to make 10 totally-stuffed tacos. You can throw this together in about 15 minutes, just a little choppin’, a little mashin’ and a little fillin’ and you’ve got a quick, easy and delicious plant-based dinner.
These easy-to-make vegan tacos are a great option for weeknight dinners. The mashed lentils make an excellent base and the spices give them an awesome kick. This recipe makes enough to fill approximately 10 small tortillas.
- 2 19 oz cans of cooked lentils, well rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped avocado
- 4 grated carrots
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and spices.
- Cook until completely heated while mashing with a large spoon. Continue cooking while you prepare the toppings.
- Prepare the green peppers, carrots, cilantro, avocado and salsa.
- Remove the mashed lentils from heat and place in a bowl.
- Set out the wraps, begin by filling them with the lentil mixture and then add your toppings, roll up and enjoy!