Personally, the quicker and easier it is for me to make healthy home-cooked meals, the better. The means that Minute Rice is a staple in my kitchen that gets used in everything from curry, to stir-fry, to these amazingly delicious Vegan Burrito Bowls with Chimmichurri Sauce!
I recently teamed up with Minute Rice to promote their fab new 100% Natural packaging. You can check out the new packaging in-stores for both their Long Grain Rice and their Whole Grain Brown Rice, both of which are gluten-free products!
I prefer the Long Grain Rice for curries, stews and stirfry and I like the Whole Grain Brown Rice for dishes where I want the rice to stand on its own. I love that the Minute Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice provides the nutritoin and fibre of traditional brown rice but is ready in about 10 minutes. It’s such a quick and easy healthy addition to plant-based meals.
Guys, you don’t have to be afraid of rice, it’s an ideal source of energy plus it’s inexpensive, easy to make and is just so versatile in the kitchen. If you’re active like me, it’s an excellent source of the clean-burning carbohydrates you need to fuel your workouts.
I especially like having rice for dinner the night before a big training day, having those carbs stored up provides the energy I need when it’s time to hit it bright and early in the morning! And since brown rice is a good source of magnesium (which we need for muscle contractions) and it helps to replenish muscle glycogen after workouts, it a good addition to post-workout meals as well!
So, let’s talk some more about these beautiful bowls. They’re easy to make, bursting with fresh flavour and I just love the different textures from the crunchy red onion and corn to the satisfying and filling rice and beans. They are just packed with all the good stuff: cilantro, avocado, tomato, spices, jalepeno, garlic..oh. yaaaa. So much yum.
Not only that, they’ve got a nice dose of protein from the black beans, some heart-healthy fat from the olive oil and plenty of clean burning carbs from the rice.The rice is flavoured with tomato, onion, garlic and spices and when combined with the tart chimmichurri sauce and fresh avocado corn salsa, oh my. That is my kinda bowl.
Don’t be put off by the ingredient list, it appears long but it’s a lot of repeated ingredients and pantry staples like onion, spices and garlic! It’s actually really easy to make. Enjoy!Print
- For the Avocado Corn Salsa:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced (reserve 1/4 cup for the rice)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- For the Chimmichurri Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- For the Minute Rice Whole Grain Brown Rice:
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup Minute Rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion (left over from the salsa)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1 19 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or approx. 1/4-1/2 cup black beans per sering
- Add all the rice ingredients to a saucepan and cook according to instructions on the box.
- While that’s cooking, chop the ingredients for the Avocado Corn Salsa and add to a bowl. Add a pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and mix it all together. Taste and add a little extra spices if you prefer.
- Add the Chimmichurri Sauce ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth.
- Once the rice is cooked, divide it between 4 bowls. Divide the Avocado Corn Salsa between each serving, adding a scoop of black beans and the Chimmichurri Sauce.
The post was sponsored by Minute Rice, opinions are my own.