Vegan Burrito Bowls
These Vegan Burrito Bowls with Chimichurri Sauce feature tomato brown rice, black beans, a quick and delicious homemade corn salsa.
These bowls are easy to make, bursting with fresh flavour and I just love the different textures, from the crunchy red onion and corn to the satisfying and filling rice and beans. They are just packed with all the good stuff: cilantro, avocado, tomato, spices, jalepeno, garlic…so much yum.
Not only that, they’ve got a nice dose of protein from the black beans, some heart-healthy fat from the olive oil and plenty of energizing carbs from the rice.
The rice is flavoured with tomato, onion, garlic and spices and when combined with the tart chimmichurri sauce and fresh avocado corn salsa, oh my. That is my kinda bowl.
Don’t be put off by the ingredient list, it appears long but it’s a lot of repeated ingredients and pantry staples like onion, spices and garlic! It’s actually really easy to make. Enjoy!
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
Here are some more vegan Mexican recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Vegan Lentil Tacos
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Vegan Quinoa Fiesta Salad
- Vegan Black Bean Burritos
- Black Bean Corn Salad
- Vegetarian Fajita Bowl
Chimmichurri Burrito Bowls
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
These black bean burrito bowls feature a delicious corn salsa and tomato brown rice.
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced (reserve 1/4 cup for the rice)
- 1 cup fresh, canned for thawed frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the Chimmichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
For the Rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion (left over from the salsa)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Bowls
- 1 19 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or approx. 1/2 cup black beans per serving
- Add all the rice ingredients to a saucepan and cook the rice according to package instructions.
- While that’s cooking, chop the ingredients for the Avocado Corn Salsa and add to a bowl. Add a pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and mix it all together.
- Add the Chimmichurri Sauce ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender and pulse a few times to mix to combine. It should be smooth but not totally pulverized, try to leave a bit of texture to it.
- Once the rice is cooked, divide it between 4 bowls. Divide the Avocado Corn Salsa between each serving, adding a scoop of black beans and the Chimmichurri Sauce.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 60.5 g
- Sodium: 962.7 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 77.6 g
- Fiber: 16.1 g
- Protein: 15.2 g
Keywords: black bean burrito bowl, brown rice, healthy, gluten-free
This was really easy and super tasty, especially the corn salsa!
I’ll be putting this one on rotation.
Awesome! Thanks, Kim.
You have some really nice food photography. Tex-Mex has to be my favourite food. Looks so tasty!
Great recipe! And the Corn Avocado Salsa looks incredible!!
Mmm this looks like a great mix of ingredients for a super yummy meal. Your food pictures are gorgeous and made me hungry just looking at them. I will definitely be trying this one. Thanks for posting.
Looks great–perfect for lunch or dinner!
O I love rice!!! I always have so many types in my pantry! Currently my favorites are Wild rice (actually a grass…but whatever, haha) and bamboo rice!
I m doing the same only Mct no butter in my coffee ,did you check your cholesterol after doing this for some time ? my question : is the butter bringing something that mixed with Mct is better for our cholesterol as for instance the lauric acid in coconut oil?thank you