Vegan Burrito Bowls with Chimmichurri Sauce
These Vegan Burrito Bowls with Chimichurri Sauce feature tomato brown rice, black beans, a quick and delicious homemade corn salsa.
These bowls are easy to make, bursting with fresh flavour and I just love the different textures, from the crunchy red onion and corn to the satisfying and filling rice and beans. They are just packed with all the good stuff: cilantro, avocado, tomato, spices, jalepeno, garlic…so much yum.
Not only that, they’ve got a nice dose of protein from the black beans, some heart-healthy fat from the olive oil and plenty of energizing carbs from the rice.
The rice is flavoured with tomato, onion, garlic and spices and when combined with the tart chimmichurri sauce and fresh avocado corn salsa, oh my. That is my kinda bowl.
Don’t be put off by the ingredient list, it appears long but it’s a lot of repeated ingredients and pantry staples like onion, spices and garlic! It’s actually really easy to make. Enjoy!
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
Here are some more vegan Mexican recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Vegan Lentil Tacos
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Vegan Quinoa Fiesta Salad
- Vegan Black Bean Burritos
- Black Bean Corn Salad
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced (reserve 1/4 cup for the rice)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
For the Chimmichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
For the Rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion (left over from the salsa)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Bowls
- 1 19 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or approx. 1/4-1/2 cup black beans per serving
- Add all the rice ingredients to a saucepan and cook according to instructions on the box.
- While that’s cooking, chop the ingredients for the Avocado Corn Salsa and add to a bowl. Add a pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and mix it all together. Taste and add a little extra spices if you prefer.
- Add the Chimmichurri Sauce ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth.
- Once the rice is cooked, divide it between 4 bowls. Divide the Avocado Corn Salsa between each serving, adding a scoop of black beans and the Chimmichurri Sauce.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 60.5 g
- Sodium: 962.7 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 77.6 g
- Fiber: 16.1 g
- Protein: 15.2 g
Keywords: black bean burrito bowl, brown rice, healthy, gluten-free