For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced (reserve 1/4 cup for the rice)
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
For the Chimmichurri Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
For the Rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion (left over from the salsa)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the Bowls
- 1 19 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed or approx. 1/4-1/2 cup black beans per serving
- Add all the rice ingredients to a saucepan and cook according to instructions on the box.
- While that’s cooking, chop the ingredients for the Avocado Corn Salsa and add to a bowl. Add a pinch of paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and mix it all together. Taste and add a little extra spices if you prefer.
- Add the Chimmichurri Sauce ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth.
- Once the rice is cooked, divide it between 4 bowls. Divide the Avocado Corn Salsa between each serving, adding a scoop of black beans and the Chimmichurri Sauce.
Keywords: black bean burrito bowl, brown rice, healthy, gluten-free