Vegan Mocha Granola
Okay, maybe that post title is a little dramatic but the smell wafting out of my oven right now is unreal. Coffee, chocolate, almond, coconut, toasted oats, maple. Oh. my. word. Lavazza, you make my dreams come true. Actually, I take it back. The title isn’t dramatic, it’s 100% true. Oh man, this granola IS unreal.
I’ve been really into making my own granola lately, it makes such a delicious addition to so many snacks, breakfasts and desserts that I now love keeping a container of it in my pantry.
For this version of homemade granola, I just had to go mocha because a. coffee, b. chocolate and c. did I mention coffee? This stuff is so good, it’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup, it’s got lovely hints of almond and coconut, plus little morsels of medjool dates and all the rich coffee flavour you could ask for. The medjool dates melt as it’s baking and help form sweet little granola clusters, which everyone knows are the best part, right?
I’m thinking Saturday mornings before a big workout, it’s me and a big bowl of this granola, topped with sliced strawberries, banana and coconut yogurt. Doesn’t that sound amazing? Of course, I’d have my Lavazza coffee on the side, probably my second cup. Before training I really like to enjoy a “bulletproof” coffee, which means I blend my Lavazza with 1 tsp of MCT oil. I find that provides a nice boost of pre-workout buzz!
I wanted to share my own take on Strawberries and Cream and whip up some Strawberry, Mocha Granola and Coconut Yogurt Parfaits to celebrate healthy mornings. This is perfect for summer, perfect for breakfast before a day on the courts, or whatever your workout may be, or perfect enjoyed as a leisurely brunch with a fresh brewed cup of coffee on the side.Print
- Pre-heat oven to 315 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, coconut, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon and dates.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coffee, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Pour the coffee mixture over the rest of the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Spread over two baking sheets then bake for 25 minutes, shaking the pan every 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: coffee granola, healthy, easy, plant-based