Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars
These no-bake chocolate chip granola vegan are nut-free and gluten-free so anyone can enjoy for a healthy snack or dessert.
- dietary needs: vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and nut-free
- quick and easy: you’ll need 6 ingredients, 10 minutes, a and a pan
- sunflower seeds – seeds and make these bars nut-free, however, feel free to sub the seeds with almonds or cashews
- – or quick oats are suitable here
- – the gives the bar an interesteing taste and pairs well with the but it can be substituted with almond butter or
- – adds a little extra sweetness to the bars, sub with agave
- – are a readily available and inexpensive alternative to dates…but you can also use dates in this recipe
- dairy-free – I like Enjoy Life, chopped also works here
Step by Step Method
Step 1. Add the food processor first and process them for a bit to let them break down into a crumbly, sticky consistency.to the
Quick Tip: If yourare overly dry, I’d recommend soaking them in hot water for 15 minutes and then draining before using them in this recipe.
Step 2. Add everything but theand blend until it forms a thick, sticky dough.
Step3. Add theand pulse a few times to mix them in.
Step 4. Line a 7-8 inch squarewith so it sticks out over the edges of the pan, then firmly press the dough into the pan. Place the entire pan in the freezer for about an hour until firm.
Quick Tip: Take a few minutes to really press the dough in, especially working it into the corners. This will ensure a firm, solid bar when they’re done!
Remove from the freezer, lift out the pan, slice into bars and enjoy!
- Fridge: In an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: In an airtight container for freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
- Room Temperature: I recommend storing the fridge or freezer, however, they’re ok at room temp for a few days if needed ie. in a lunchbox, camping, hiking, road trips. Keep cool if possible.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- No-Bake Apricot Granola Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bars
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- Place the rainins in a food processor and mix until they start to break down into a crumbly, sticky mixture.
- Add everything else, except the chocolate chips and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix them in.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap so it sticks out over the edges of the pan.
- Press the dough into the pan until flat, spending a few minutes to firmly press it down and work it into the corners.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to firm.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out the pan then slice into 10 portions.
Raisins: If raisins are overly dry, soak in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before use.
Substitutions: Tahini can be substituted with almond or peanut butter. Sunflower seeds can be substituted with almonds, cashews or walnuts. Raisins can be substituted with soft, pitted dates.
Storing: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend storing the fridge or freezer, however, they’re ok at room temp for a few days if needed ie. in a lunchbox, camping, hiking, road trips. Keep cool if possible.
Keywords: no-bake granola bars, nut-free granola bars