Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars
These Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars are nut-free so anyone can enjoy them. They’re also vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and a cinch to make with just a few simple ingredients.
No-Bake Granola Bar Ingredients
You’ll need 6 ingredients to make these bars. I used sunflower seeds and tahini to replace nuts and nut butter in this recipe. Combined with a bit of pure maple syrup, raisins and dairy-free chocolate chips, the flavour is outstanding. They land somewhere between snack and dessert because they’re so good.
I cut mine into 10 bars to eat as snacks during the but you could also go for 20 smaller bars to make sweet, little treats for after dinner! They’d be great as a grab-n-go breakfast too.
How to Make No-Bake Granola Bars
To make these bars, you’ll want to add the raisins to the food processor first and process them for a bit to let them break down. If your raisins are on the dry side, I’d recommend soaking them in hot water for 15 minutes and then draining before using them in this recipe.
Then you’ll add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it forms a thick dough. Once that delicious dough is ready, simply press it into a lined baking pan and let them sit in the freezer for an hour to firm up.
Granola Bar Health Benefits
Thanks to the sunflower seeds, these have a nice dose of vitamin E, B vitamins like thiamine as well as an essential fatty acid in the form of linoleic acid.
Tahini is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iron and is one of the best sources of calcium out there, it’s also high in vitamin E and B vitamins.
I used plump and juicy, thompson raisins in this recipe, which I love for a healthy source of energy, especially before a workout. Raisins are also high in a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants making them a good choice for a sweet treat.
Perfect for Food Prep
I usually make a batch of vegan granola bars for food prep to eat as snacks and desserts during the week. These are really easy to put together and make a great alternative to store-bought bars.
There are some great store-bought bars out there but the price tag can really add up. I find making my own bars saves money and I know exactly what the ingredients are. Plus these taste as good if not better than any packaged energy bar I’ve ever tried!
More No-Bar Bar Recipes
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bars
- No-Bake Energy Bars with Hemp and Chia
- Place the rainins in a food processor and mix until they start to break down.
- Add everything else, expet the chocolate chips and mix until everything is well broken down and starting to form a dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix.
- Press firmly into a saran or parchment-lined baking pan.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Remove, lift from pan and cut into 10 bars.
- Store in the fridge in a container.
Keywords: raw, easy, healthy, kid-friendly, nut-free