Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Peanut butter, chocolate and banana. Yes, yes, yes. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls? Also, yes, yes, yes!
These chunky monkey-inspired protein fudge balls are decadent, rich and flavourful but made from simple, healthy ingredients like cocoa powder, peanut butter and banana.
My favourite smoothie, the chunky monkey, is made from peanut butter, cocoa, dates, frozen banana and vanilla protein powder. I decided I needed those flavours in chocolate peanut butter protein ball form and that decision was a very, very good one. It was pretty straightforward to convert my favourite smoothie into protein ball form, I simply left out the liquid and blended up the rest of the ingredients. Success.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Into the blender went fresh medjool dates, extra ripe banana, peanut butter, cocoa and protein. Mix all that up and you have a chocolate peanut butter protein ball that’s creamy, delicious and provides a nice little boost of protein.
chocolate + peanut butter!
use up extra ripe banana
perfect pre or post-workout snacks
yummy as an after-dinner treat
rich fudge texture
can be made peanut-free or nut-free
Some of my other favourite no-bake protein balls and bars are:
- Vegan Coconut Mocha Protein Balls
- Almond Coconut Protein Bars with Hemp Seeds
- Salted Mocha Protein Bar with Coconut
- No-Bake Coconut Protein Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup (280 g) packed fresh medjool dates
- 1 cup (210 g) ripe banana (ideally extra ripe with brown spots)
- 1/3 cup (40 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (35 g) powdered peanut butter (sub with another 1/4 cup of cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup (65 g) natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops (82 g) Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla (or 82 g vegan protein powder of choice)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 20 balls and store in the fridge.
To make this peanut-free, omit the powdered peanut butter and use 1/3 + 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
To make completely nut-free, omit the powdered peanut butter and use 1/3 + 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and use sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.
Keywords: protein bites, energy, homemade, easy, healthy