- 1 cup (280 g) packed fresh medjool dates
- 1 cup (210 g) ripe banana (ideally extra ripe with brown spots)
- 1/3 cup (40 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (35 g) powdered peanut butter (sub with another 1/4 cup of cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup (65 g) natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops (82 g) Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla (or 82 g vegan protein powder of choice)
To make this peanut-free, omit the powdered peanut butter and use 1/3 + 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
To make completely nut-free, omit the powdered peanut butter and use 1/3 + 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and use sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.
Keywords: protein bites, energy, homemade, easy, healthy