- Place the rainins in a food processor and mix until they start to break down into a crumbly, sticky mixture.
- Add everything else, except the chocolate chips and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix them in.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap so it sticks out over the edges of the pan.
- Press the dough into the pan until flat, spending a few minutes to firmly press it down and work it into the corners.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to firm.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out the pan then slice into 10 portions.
Raisins: If raisins are overly dry, soak in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before use.
Substitutions: Tahini can be substituted with almond or peanut butter. Sunflower seeds can be substituted with almonds, cashews or walnuts. Raisins can be substituted with soft, pitted dates.
Storing: In an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend storing the fridge or freezer, however, they’re ok at room temp for a few days if needed ie. in a lunchbox, camping, hiking, road trips. Keep cool if possible.
Keywords: no-bake granola bars, nut-free granola bars