These healthy yet decadent, no-bake chocolate chia energy bars are one of my favourite quick snacks for busy days, weekend adventures and pre-workout snacks. They’re easy to make in a blender or food processor, high in antioxidants, have no added sugar and taste incredible! Meet your new favourite snack: rich, decadent chocolate flavour, perfect soft but firm texture and wholesome, real food ingredients like walnuts, coconut, dark chocolate and chia seeds.
Homemade Energy Bars
Would you rather homemade, vegan, all-natural energy bars or store-bought “energy” bars with a long list of hard-to-pronounce ingredients? It’s homemade all the way for me! These are absolutely one of my favourite all-time snacks. They’re soft and chewy with a little crunch from the chia seeds. The flavour is rich and decadent with hints of coconut, dark chocolate, walnut and sea salt. They are so good! I like to keep a stash in the freezer at all times for sweet but heathy pick-me-ups, and as a nourishing option to take care of any chocolate cravings.
These bars are very energizing and satisfying too. The healthy fats in the chia seeds, walnuts and coconut really help to keep you full and provide long-lasting energy. I love them for a pre-workout snack, post-workout recovery snack and to take on hikes and adventures. They travel well so they’re perfect for taking on the road.
The only downside is you might get a few chia seeds stuck in your teeth, but that’s not so bad is it?
Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- high in antioxidants
- wrap individually and take to-go
- great for hiking, long walks and runs
- natural, whole food ingredients
- easy to make in minutes
- amazing, rich, chocolate flavour
- delicious soft and chewy texture
- perfect pre-workout for a natural energy boost
- healthy essential fats
- no baking required
- vegan and gluten-free
- naturally sweet with no added sugar
Ingredients Needed for Chia Energy Bars
To make these beautiful, nourishing, no-bake chocolate chia energy bars, you’ll need some of my favourite ingredients:
Unsweetened shredded coconut – A must for no-bake vegan energy bars! Energy for days.
Walnuts – A super-powered superfood packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and perfect for no-bake bars.
Dark Chocolate – High in antioxidants and phytonutrients. I like Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate.
Once you have everything you need, it’s simply a matter of creating the “dough” in a food processor or high-powered blender.
I use the Ninja Mega Kitchen System for all my no-bake bar recipes and I’ve been very happy with it. Then pressing into a baking pan, setting in the fridge then cutting into bars! Enjoy!Print
No-Bake Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 14 bars
- 1 ½ cups packed, pitted dates (350 g)
- ⅓ cup raw cacoa powder or cocoa powder (35 g)
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds (75 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (45 g)
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces (125 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (70 g)
- 1/2 cup oats (50 g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional, enhances flavour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt, optional, enhances flavour
- Place dates in blender or food processor and purée until they form a thick paste forms.
- Add the walnuts and mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Firmly press the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
- Place in the freezer for at least a few hours up to overnight.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 14 bars.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 234 calories
- Sugar: 17 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
More Chia Seed Recipes:
- Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Bars – No-bake, vegan, gluten-free chocolate chia seed goodness
- 15 Amazing Chia Seed Pudding Recipes – Awesome collection of chia seed pudding recipes from my fave bloggers
- Tropical Chia Seed Oats – Pineapple, oats and chia seeds for a tropical breakfast
- Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Granola Bars – One of the most popular recipes on the blog
- Chocolate Chia Protein Pudding – Delicious, healthy, filling chocolate chia seed breakfast