No-Bake Energy Bars with Hemp and Chia
These healthy no-bake energy bars with hemp seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, cinnamon and raisins make a great alternative to store-bought granola bars. They’re vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and have a delicious oatmeal raisin flavour that makes a great snack, breakfast or dessert.
Homemade Energy Bar Benefits
Although these Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Bars with Hemp and Chia Seeds are easy to make, don’t dare underestimate their talents; they packs oodles of flavor and an energetic kick. Did I mention they taste like oatmeal raisin cookies? Well, they do, and they make smart snacking feel a smidge decadent.
Plus, each and every ingredient in these bars extends a generous nutritional offering (e.g., hemp seeds = complete protein source, dates = rich in fiber/potassium/iron, walnuts = rich in Omega-3s, etc.).
How to Make No-Bake Energy Bars
To make these bars, you’ll simply toss dates, oats, walnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg into a food processor. You’ll process until a crumbly mixture is formed and stir in raisins and pepitas to add texture and a dash of color. After pressing the mixture into a pan, you’ll pop it in the freezer to set for a hot chilly minute. Then, you’ll slice into squares and enjoy. Here’s to having our health and eating blissfully too.
More No-Bake Bar Recipes
Loving these simple, yummy bars? Try these too:Print
- Add the dates, oats, walnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a food processor. Pulse several times and then process until a crumbly, sticky mixture is formed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixture bowl, add in the raisins and pepitas, and fold to incorporate.
- Line a 9×13” baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to the pan, and use your hands to press down into the pan. You’ll only need about two-thirds of the pan, so push the mixture up against one side of the pan and work out from there, forming a ½-inch-thick bar. Note: if the mixture is sticking to your hands, wet them slightly to repel the stickiness of the dates.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove the large bar from the pan by lifting up the parchment paper. Slice into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
Keywords: healthy, kid-friendly, easy, food processor