No-Bake Energy Bars with Hemp and Chia
These healthy no-bake energy bars with hemp seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, cinnamon and raisins make a great alternative to store-bought granola bars. They’re vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and have a delicious oatmeal raisin flavour that makes a great snack, breakfast or dessert.
Homemade Energy Bar Benefits
Although these Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Bars with Hemp and Chia Seeds are easy to make, don’t dare underestimate their talents; they packs oodles of flavor and an energetic kick. Did I mention they taste like oatmeal raisin cookies? Well, they do, and they make smart snacking feel a smidge decadent.
Plus, each and every ingredient in these bars extends a generous nutritional offering (e.g., hemp seeds = complete protein source, dates = rich in fiber/potassium/iron, walnuts = rich in Omega-3s, etc.).
More No-Bake Bar Recipes
Loving these simple, yummy bars? Try these too:Print
- Add the oats, pepitas and walnuts to a food processor and process into a gainy flour, if there are a few larger chunks or full seeds remaining that’s ok.
- Add the chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg and process for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dates and raisins and process until it forms one big ball of thick and sticky dough.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to the pan, and use your hands to press down into the pan. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, wet them slightly to repel the stickiness of the dates.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Once set, remove the large bar from the pan by lifting up the parchment paper. Slice into squares and store in the fridge or freezer.
It’s important to use soft and moist dates in this recipe. If your dates are dry or you’re unsure if they’re soft enough, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe. If your raisins are quite dry, you can soak them with the dates as well.
Keywords: healthy, kid-friendly, easy, food processor