Paleo Energy Bars with Cashew and Coconut
These paleo energy bars with cashew and coconut require just 5 simple ingredients to make.
How to Make These Bars
First, you’ll want to process the cashews to break them down. Then you can add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a thick dough.
Once you’ve blended up the dough, press it into a square baking pan, set in the freezer for a couple hours, slice and enjoy!
I don’t eat a paleo diet but I know some of you do so I thought I’d share an energy bar recipe that works for everyone! If you need to keep these bars nut-free, you can substitute sunflower seeds for the cashews.
Sweetened naturally with dates, these bars contain no added sugar. The coconut oil makes them soft and almost creamy and the hemp seeds, coconut and cashew add an amazing, hearty texture. They hold up well on the go, the healthy fats make them substantial enough for breakfast and the yummy flavour will have you eating them for dessert!
They’re grain-free, vegan, gluten-free and regardless of your dietary preferences, these bars are absolutely delicious!
Loving these cashew coconut bars? You’ll like these too:
- Paleo Coconut Bars
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chia Seed Energy Bars
- Chia Seed Chocolate Chip Bars
- Raw Hemp Seed Brownies
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- Add the cashews to a food processor and process to break down into small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a thick, doughy mixture.
- Line an approximately 7 inch baking pan with parchment paper or saran wrap then firmly press the dough into the pan until it’s flat and even.
- Set the bars in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and slice into 10 bars or 16 squares.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: paleo energy bars
UPDATE NOTE: This post was originally published April 21, 2014. It was updated in September 2019 with new photos and text.