This green and purple Broccoli Edamame Salad is full of healthy, vegan goodness, it’s easy to make and really yummy! It’s got a little kick to it from the crushed red pepper flakes and it has a good balance of sweet and sour. It was the perfect way to fuel up after my 11 km run today.
Broccoli Edamame Salad (Serves 4)
- 1 bunch swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 crowns of brocoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt
1. Wash the swiss chard and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Place into a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the broccoli and place into the bowl with the swiss chard.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the juice of one lime. Mix well.
4. Finely chop the garlic and add to the bowl.
5. Finely slice the red cabbage and add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
6. Cook the edamame according to package and prepare the peas. I used frozen peas so I just added them to the boiling water with the edamame to defrost. Add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
7. Add the sesame seeds, sugar, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
7. Serve and eat! This tastes even better a few hours later or the next day when the flavours have really mixed together.
This made enough for my husband and I to both have a big bowl for lunch and leftovers for work tomorrow.