Edamame Broccoli Wild Rice Salad
This edamame broccoli wild rice is packed with nutrition, high in protein and easy to make for a healthy main dish or side salad.
- nutrition features: 22 grams of plant-based protein per serving, high in fibre
- dietary needs: vegan, gluten-free and oil-free
- meal prep-friendly
- easy to make: you’ll need just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, if you have cooked rice on hand…even better!
- raisins – any variety works, can be substituted with dried cranberries
- edamame – frozen, shelled edamame is recommended to keep things quick and easy
- wild rice – can be substituted with brown rice or a brown and wild rice blend
- maple syrup – optional sweetener in the dressing, substitute with stevia for sugar-free, agave or omit entirely
- garlic powder – can be substituted with 2 garlic cloves if you blend the dressing instead of stir it together
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located in the recipe card below.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Prepare the various ingredients for the salad:
- wild rice – cook according to package instructions, you may need up to 1 hour depending on the variety of rice you use
- edamame – cook according to package instructions, this should only take a few minutes
- broccoli – chop and lightly steam on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes
- bell pepper – remove seeds and dice
Step 2. Make the tahini dressing by adding everything to a bowl or jar and whisking or shaking to combine.
Step 3. Assemble everything in a large bowl, top with dressing and enjoy!
- Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving: If serving as a main dish, it makes 4 servings. Serves 6-8 as a side salad.
- To further stretch recipe, add an additional 1 cup of cooked wild rice. If adding 3 cups rice, the recipe will serve 6 as a main dish.
- Roasted Vegetable Lentil Salad
- Vegan Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Brown Rice Salad with Kale and Peanut Sauce
- Vegan Thai Chopped Salad
- Carrot Beet Kale Salad with Roasted Potatoes
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
This healthy, protein-packed wild rice and broccoli salad is a great dish to make ahead of time. It works beautifully as a side dish or can stand alone as a nutritious and satisfying entree.
For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 cups shelled edamame, cooked
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets and lightly steamed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of hot sauce, if desired
For the Dressing
- Add all salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the tahini dressing ingredients together in a small dish or shake in a jar, adding water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Its should be creamy but pourable.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge in a container for up to 4 days.
The nutritional information listed below is if you make 4 servings out of this. For 6 servings, each serving would provide 298 calories, 8.4 grams of fat, 14.6 grams of protein and 42 grams of carbohydrates.
To make this recipe stretch further, you can add an additional 1 cup of cooked wild rice. I’ve made it with 2 cups and 3 cups and both are good! If you’re adding 3 cups of rice, you’ll definitely get 6 servings out of this.
Maple syrup can be reduce or omitted if you prefer a sugar-free dressing. If omitting, add a bit of extra lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: wild rice salad, cold rice salad
This recipe was originally published on June 10, 2014. It was updated with new text and photos November 9, 2020.