I think we’d all love a super quick and easy-to-make salad that is just perfect for warm summer evenings? Right? This high-protein edamame mango salad is not only that but the flavour combination of sweet mango, tart red onion and basil vinaigrette is just perfect!
Whole Foods Edamame Mango Salad
I’ve been thinking about making this salad at home ever since I tried something like it from Whole Foods for lunch last week. I don’t recall exactly what was in the Whole Foods version – but it definitely had edamame and mango and I knew wanted to try making a version of it at home. So thanks for the inspiration Whole Foods!
This salad is really easy to throw together. Simply open a few cans, chop a few fruits and veggies, cook the edamame and you’re all set. The basil vinaigrette is fresh and flavourful with ingredients like fresh basil, fresh lemon juice and two kinds of vinegar for extra tanginess! Even without the dressing, this edamame mango salad tastes great. I was thinking if you used grilled corn instead of canned, it would really take it next level though!
With ingredients like black beans, mango, basil, cucumber and onion, this salad offers a number of health benefits.
Edamame Mango Salad
- completely plant-based
- high in protein and fibre
- energizing carbohydrates from whole food ingredients
- plant-based protein from black beans and edamame
- high in vitamins and antioxidants
- amazingly fresh and flavourful
- keeps well – perfect for picnics and potlucks
- easy to make for plant-based beginners
- a nice, cooling dish for summer
- add healthy fats by topping with avocado
This salad is a perfect side to a veggie burger but with filling ingredients like black beans and edamame, the high-protein content makes this salad a delicious main dish too. If you wanted to make it even more substantial, you could add it to a bowl of brown rice or quinoa! This is a great take-along to a potluck or BBQ too.
Try is as a side to my quinoa beet burger, lemon tahini burger or oil-free baked fries. For more healthy salads, try my Brown Rice Salad with Kale and Peanut Sauce, Mediterranean Farro Salad Bowls, Vegan Quinoa Fiesta Salad or Vegan Roasted Beet Salad with Marinated ChickpeasPrint
Edamame & Mango Salad
This protein and vitamin-packed tangy salad is perfect for hot, summer days when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. Easy to make, high in plant-based protein and fibre, low in fat, filing, fresh and flavourful!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Vegan, Salad
- 500 g edamame, cooked, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 small mangos, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained, well-rinsed
- 350 mL can corn, drained, well-rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- avocado for topping
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add in the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon.
- Mix well and serve topped with diced avocado.
- Store left-overs in the fridge.
Enjoy this recipe? Tweet, share and pin below! If you try it, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @runningonrealfood so I can check it out!