Edamame Mango Salad
This high-protein vegan edamame mango salad is easy to make in 10 minutes and makes the perfect light meal or healthy side salad.
- high in protein – thanks to the edamame and black beans this simple salad is a good source of plant-based protein
- picnic-friendly – this salad keeps well if kept cool so it’s perfect to pack along to picnics, potlucks and BBQs
- quick and easy – you’ll need just 10 minutes to open a can of beans, chop some fruit and veggies and mix it all up
- edamame – I recommend frozen shelled edamame
- mango – any kind of mango works but you want it to be firm so make sure it’s not overripe, even slightly underripe works
- black beans – canned or cooked from scratch both work fine
- corn – fresh, frozen or canned all work
Note: The specific amounts and the rest of the ingredients are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make this Salad
Step 1. Cook edamame according to package instructions then drain and rinse it under cold water until cooled.
Step 2. Chop up the mango, cucumber and red onion and add to a large bowl with the beans, corn, basil and garlic.
Step 3. Add the dressing ingredients, mix it all up, top with avocado if desired and enjoy!
Tips and FAQs
- If you don’t have red wine vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar are both suitable.
- Lime works in place of lemon.
- Chickpeas are a nice alternative to black beans.
How long does this keep?
This salad is best served fresh but it can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
How should I serve this salad?
- great on its own for a light lunch, dinner or a snack
- alongside a veggie burger or veggie dog
- take long as side salad to a potluck or BBQ
- Brown Rice Salad with Kale and Peanut Sauce
- Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Arugula Peach Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cold Asian Noodle Salad
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- 500 g (about 2 cups) edamame, cooked, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 small mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained, well-rinsed (2 cups)
- 350 mL can corn, drained, well-rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- up to 1 whole diced avocado for topping, optional
- Cook the edamame according to package instructions then rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add in the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon and mix.
- Serve right away topped with diced avocado.
The salad is best served fresh but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You want the mango to be firm, not mushy, so do your best to choose perfectly ripe or slightly underripe versus overripe mango.
This makes quite a large serving so feel free to cut the recipe in half if you don’t be able to eat it within a couple of days. Amounts don’t need to be exact!
Keywords: edamame mango salad, summer mango salad
UPDATE TEXT: This recipe was originally published on July 23, 2013. It was updated with new photos and text on May 28, 2020.