- 500 g (about 2 cups) edamame, cooked, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 small mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained, well-rinsed (2 cups)
- 350 mL can corn, drained, well-rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1–2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- up to 1 whole diced avocado for topping, optional
- Cook the edamame according to package instructions then rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add in the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon and mix.
- Serve right away topped with diced avocado.
The salad is best served fresh but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You want the mango to be firm, not mushy, so do your best to choose perfectly ripe or slightly underripe versus overripe mango.
This makes quite a large serving so feel free to cut the recipe in half if you don’t be able to eat it within a couple of days. Amounts don’t need to be exact!
Keywords: edamame mango salad, summer mango salad