This protein and vitamin-packed tangy salad is perfect for hot, summer days when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven. Easy to make, high in plant-based protein and fibre, low in fat, filing, fresh and flavourful!
- 500 g edamame, cooked, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 3 small mangos, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained, well-rinsed
- 350 mL can corn, drained, well-rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- avocado for topping
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add in the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon.
- Mix well and serve topped with diced avocado.
- Store left-overs in the fridge.