This vegan cold noodle salad with spicy peanut sauce is easy to make with simple ingredients but is packed with spicy peanut lime flavour. You can make it with regular pasta, soba noodles, zucchini noodles or even spaghetti squash for a lower carb and gluten-free option.
Cold Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
I made this dish twice just to be sure, and the verdict is in…delicious! This meal is so easy to make and it can be ready in about 20 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. It’s even better the next day so feel free to make it ahead or pack up the leftovers for lunch the next day.Print
The best thing about this noodle salad is it can be ready in 20 minutes, yet it feels like something that took much longer. Preparing the vegetables and sauce while the noodles cook saves time, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti noodles, cooked, drained, rinsed in cold water
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 6 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup lightly packed green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup, lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- heaping 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes (1 tsp for some heat, 2 tsp for a serious kick)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- chopped peanuts, lime and cilantro for topping
- While your pasta noodles are cooking, chop the cucumbers, green onion and cilantro and grate the carrot. Place in a large bowl.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and mix.
- Once the noodles are done, rinse under cold water and then add to the vegetables.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and vegetables and mix well.
- Serve topped with peanuts, cilantro and lime.