No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars with chocolate chips and sea salt are easy to make and completely vegan, refined sugar-free and gluten-free.
- Dates. Medjool, sayer or deglect noor dates all works as long as they’re soft and moist.
- Cocoa powder. Everyday, regular cocoa powder works great. For extra nutrition, you can use raw cacao powder instead.
- Maple syrup. Can be substituted with agave syrup.
- Chocolate chips. Use your favourite dairy-free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan, otherwise, any chocolate chips work.
- Oats. Rolled oats, old fashioned oats or quick oats all work.
- Peanut Butter. Use natural peanut butter. Can’t do peanut butter? Almond butter or any other nut or seed butter is totally fine!
How to Make this Recipe
Add everything but the chocolate chips to a food processor and mix into a thick, sticky dough. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
Once you’ve create the dough in your food processor, press it into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and pop the whole pan into the freezer for 1 hour to firm. After 1 hour, lift the bars out of the pan, slice and enjoy.
Here are some more peanut butter treats you’ll love:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Vegan Cereal Bars
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Place the dates in a food processor and process a bit start breaking them down, about 30 seconds.
- Add everything else, except the chocolate chips and process into a thick, sticky dough. You should easily be able to press the dough between if your fingers. If it seems to dry or crumbly, add 1 tsp warm water and process again. Check and repeat if needed.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix.
- Line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper with two long strips that stick out either side of the pan and then press the dough tightly into the pan using your fingers.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour to firm.
- Lift out of the pan, cut into 8 squares or 16 small bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
It’s important to use soft, moist dates in this recipe. If your dates are on the dry side, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
You can skip the firming in the freezer if you’re dying to get into them. Just press into the pan firmly, lift the bars out of the pan, slice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 171 calories
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: no-bake peanut butter bars, easy chocolate peanut butter bars