Who doesn’t love the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate? Have you ever met anyone who didn’t? It’s a delicious match made in sweet, sweet peanut butter heaven and these vegan chocolate covered peanut butter balls are the perfect way to pair the two.
A Healthier Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball
Traditional peanut butter balls are made with a ton of butter and powdered sugar, on the other hand these little beauties have no refined sugar. Instead, they’re sweetened with just 2 tbsp of maple syrup and coated in rich, dark chocolate.
I also used a small amount of coconut oil and nutritional yeast for flavour and texture. The nutritional yeast actually makes them taste like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup! Yes, you heard right! A healthy Reese Peanut Butter Cup in melt-in-your-mouth vegan format.
Vegan Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
To make the peanut butter filling, make sure you use natural peanut butter and not a processed variety. There are plenty of good brands in stores or you can always make your own at home. The ingredients listed should be peanuts or peanuts and salt and there should be no sugar or oil listed as an ingredient. You can also use almond butter or another nut butter of choice if you can’t do peanut butter.
For the delicious, simple chocolate coating for these balls, you’ll want to get your hands on some quality dark chocolate or vegan chocolate chips. I like Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.
Other than the chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll just need a little maple syrup, coconut oil and nutritional yeast to finish these up. Once you’ve coated them in chocolate and allowed them to set, dig in.
They’re crunchy on the outside and melt-in-your-mouth on the inside with the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
Loving these chocolate-covered peanut butter balls? You’ll want to try these too:
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups // Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls // 2-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Caramel Cups // Chocolate Superfood Energy Balls // Tahini Cacao Fudge Balls // Raw Hemp Seed Brownies //Vegan Tahini Date CookiesPrint
These delicious chocolate-covered PB balls taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. These are very easy to make and are always a hit with everyone who tries them. If you can’t do peanut butter, go ahead and use almond butter or another nut or seed butter of choice.
- Vigorously mix together everything except the chocolate in a bowl for about 60 seconds. It should begin to thicken up a little.
- Place the bowl in the freezer until it firms up enough to roll into balls. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, roll the peanut butter mixture into 18-20 balls and place back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Once the chocolate is totally melted, roll each peanut butter ball in the chocolate using a fork or toothpick until it’s completely covered.
- Tap any excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl before placing on the cookie sheet.
- Once you’ve covered them all, place in the freezer to set for for at least 30 minutes.
- They will melt at room temperature, so store in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter balls