2-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Caramel Cups
You guys. Chocolate + Medjool Dates. Together as they should be.
Someone come take these all away from me, like now, before I eat all 12 without even sharing one little bit.
Soak and blend the dates. Melt the chocolate. Layer the chocolate and caramel in cupcake liners. Let set in the freezer while mouth waters and drool forms. Impatiently try one too soon. It wasn’t ready, but it was 100% worth it.
- Soak the dates in very hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Drain and blend until they form a smooth and creamy paste. Blend in the vanilla and sea salt if you’re using it.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double-broiler or in the microwave.
- Divide small spoonfuls of chocolate between 12 large or 24 mini cupcake liners, spreading it around to cover the bottoms.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes unit hardened.
- Once hardened, divide the date paste by spoonfuls between the 12 (or 24) cups. I used wet fingers to smooth the paste out in each cup.
- Top each cup with the rest of the melted chocolate, spreading it around with a spoon to cover up the date paste.
- Pop back in the freezer for 10 minutes or so until the chocolate is hardened.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
I used Enjoy Life brand dairy-free chocolate chips to make these. Alternatively, you can chop up a good quality dark chocolate bar and melt that down. I found the chocolate chips to be a little on the sweet side so these might work better with a nice dark chocolate.
I think they might also work better as 24 mini cups rather than 12 larger ones. They’re very rich and I found the large cups to be very filling. It’s up to you!
If you give these a try, I’d love to hear about it on social media! Make sure to tag me @runningonrealfood on Instagram or just add #runningonrealfood to your post. Love, love, love you guys! Happy 2-ingredient chocolate caramel cup eating!