Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cups
These vegan chocolate peanut butter banana cups are made with just a few simple ingredients. Enjoy these sweet treats as a healthier dessert option or quick snack anytime of day. This recipe is gluten-free, no-bake and refined sugar-free.
How to Make this Recipe
There are a few steps to make this recipe but overall it’s very easy! Let’s go through the steps.
1. Mix and Freeze the Chocolate
The first step is to mix the homemade chocolate then freeze it in a muffin tin to create the base of the chocolate cups.
Chocolate Options: I used a homemade vegan chocolate made from cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil but you can also use melted dairy-free chocolate chips or melted dark chocolate.
Once you’ve mixed up the chocolate, add a little scoop to either 12 regular-sized muffin liners or 24 mini muffin liners. I really like silicone baking muffin cups for this too as the finished cups pop out of them really easily.
2. Mix the Peanut Butter Banana Filling
While the bottom of the chocolate cups are firming up in the freezer, mix up the peanut butter banana filling.
Nut-Free Option: You can use tahini or sunflower seed butter to make these nut free.
3. Fill the cups and Freeze to Firm
The final step is to add a little spoonful of filling to each chocolate cup, then top with the remaining chocolate. Pop the tray in the freezer to set and that’s it! In about 15 minutes, they’ll be ready to eat.
I adapted these from my ever-popular Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, which if you haven’t made before, I’d suggest getting on that! They have a secret ingredient that makes them taste just like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
This recipe is pretty similar to the original. The chocolate layer is actually exactly the same but the peanut butter filling has banana added to it for a fun and most delicious twist!
More Treat Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Caramel Tahini Cups
- Caramel Chocolate Cups
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Eggs
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
Totally delicious, vegan peanut butter banana cups that are much-loved by kids and adults! Easy to make with just a few simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Add about 1 1/2 tsp of the chocolate mixture into 12 muffin liners and place in the freezer to harden.
- Mash the banana in a bowl until completely smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter and salt, if using, and mix well.
- Pull the muffin liners out of the freezer and divide the peanut butter banana mixture by spoonfuls into each cup. Use your fingers or a spoon to press it down so it’s somewhat flat.
- Cover each muffin cup with the remaining chocolate mixture. Sprinkle each cup with a little sea salt, if desired. Place back in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until completely hardened.
- Store them in the freezer.
- Once they’re hardened, they’re ready to enjoy!
You can use 3/4 cup melted dairy-free chocolate chips or finely chopped dark chocolate instead of making the chocolate from cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil.
For treats like these, I find silicone baking cups work the best. They’re inexpensive, non-stick, last forever and work great for making desserts like this. Grab a set here.
These can be made nut-free by using sunflower seed butter.
The peanut butter banana filling isn’t super sweet. If you want it a little sweeter, mix in 2 tsp coconut sugar.
Keywords: chocolate banana cups, easy, homemade, healthy, quick, treat, kids
This recipe was originally published February 3, 2015. It was updated with new photos and improved instructions September 2019.