On Friday when I got home from work, I was ravenous as per usual. I started out making a little snack and eventually it morphed into these delicious raw coconut bars with chocolate ganache. Coconut + chocolate = a match made in heaven! Don’t you agree? Not to mention you only need a few ingredients to make these bad boys. You just have to have a little patience while they set in the freezer but if you whip them up pre-dinner they’re be ready to eat by the time you’re done your meal!
Raw Coconut Bars with Chocolate Ganache
These bars are very easy to make. All you need to do is blend up the coconut bars, mix up the chocolate ganache, then layer the two in a pan to set in the freezer. Plus, you only need a 5 basic ingredients to make them: dates, coconut, coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup with no baking required!Print
These easy-to-make bars are wonderful to have on hand in the freezer for a delicious and satisfying sweet treat!
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1 cup, packed soft dates
- 2 cups fine unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Ganache Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix the ingredients for the bar in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Once well mixed, press the dough into a 7 x 7 inch pan lined with wax paper.
- Place in the freezer.
- Mix the ingredients for the ganache in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over top of the dough.
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours, the chocolate should be hardened.
- Remove from pan and let thaw for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into small pieces and serve. (These are very rich so I recommend cutting them quite small)
- Store in the freezer in a sealed container and thaw 10 minutes before serving.