- Add the dates, shredded coconut and coconut oil to a food processor and mix until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Line a 7-inch square baking pan with 2 strips of parchment paper or saran wrap then firmly press the dough into the pan. Place the pan in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler, a glass bowl placed over a pot of boiling water on the stove or carefully in the microwave, then evenly spread the melted chocolate over the coconut base.
- Place the pan back in the freezer and allow to set for 30-minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into 16 bars. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: vegan coconut bars, healthy, easy