Sweet and Salty No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
I’m in love with the chewy, crunchy texture and sweet and salty flavour of these no-bake peanut butter bars. This recipe is vegan and requires just 4 simple ingredients to make. You can enjoy these as a snack anytime, a healthy dessert or fuel on-the-go when you need it.
Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
You only need 4 ingredients to make these bars: medjool dates, raw almonds, peanut butter and pretzels! Sweet and salty, my favourite combo, these bars are packed with energy and ready to fuel a busy day of adventures. Plus, the crunchy texture from the pretzels is just awesome combined with the chewy dates. You’ll be dreaming of snack time all day long. I have been, anyways.
More No-Bake Bar Recipes
Easy no-bake bars are my go-to for quick and yummy snacks. They’re perfect to include in your weekly food prep, always taste amazing, keep well and are a less expensive alternative to store-bought energy bars. Plus if you have well-stocked vegan pantry, you usually have everything you need on hand for delicious energy bar creations.
For more no-bake energy bars, check out my:
- Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars
- No-Bake Vegan Hemp Protein Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Chia Energy Bars
- Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Sweet n’ Salty No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
To make these bars just process the almonds in a food processor, then add in the dates and peanut butter to form a dough. Crush your pretzels into small pieces, mix those in, press into a lined baking pan and you. are. done. The result? A super tasty, homemade alternative to store-bought energy bars that make a delicious snack, healthy dessert or perfect treat anytime you feel like it!Print
- Place the almonds in a food processor and mix until they’re broken down into very small pieces, almost into a flour.
- Add the dates and peanut butter and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Crush the pretzels and then add them in, pulsing just enough to mix them through. Or you can just stir them through with a spoon or your hands.
- Line a small square baking pan with saran-wrap or parchment paper then press the dough firmly into the pan taking a few moments to flatten it and firmly press it into all corners.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours or fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Once they’re ready, lift out of the pan, cut into bars and enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer in a sealed container.
The medjool dates I used were very fresh and soft. If your dates are dry, you’ll need to soak them first to soften. Simply place in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before use.