It’s not Christmas without a fun 12 days of Christmas workout! There are many versions of 12 days workout online, varying in difficulty from tough CrossFit WOD’s to no-equipment workouts anyone can do. I decided to go somewhere in the middle with a fun 12 days workout you’re going to love (and hate!!).
How to do this Workout
The concept of a 12 days of Christmas workout is simple. It’s just like
So it’s. 1. 2-1. 3-2-1. 4-3-2-1. 5-4-3-2-1…..until the last round of 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Fun, right??
12 Days of Christmas Movements
- Front squats.
- Push press.
- Overhead kettlebell swings.
- Goblet squats.
- Box jumps.
- Barbell bent-over rows.
- Barbell reverse lunges per leg (20 total).
- 1200 m (0.75
mile) run or row.
Workout Scaling and Equipment Modifications
- You can do the barbell movements (thruster, push press, front squat, deadlift, bent-over rows and reverse lunges) with either a barbell, kettlebells or dumbells. If you’re using a barbell, I’d suggest 65 lbs for ladies and 95 lbs for men. Scale that weight down accordingly so you can perform all the reps unbroken. If you’re using dumbells or kettlebells, use anywhere from 2 x 20-35 lbs for ladies and 2 x 35-50 lbs for men (one in each hand).
- You’ll need a kettlebell for the overhead KB swings and goblet squats. I’d suggest 16 kg for ladies and 24 kg for men.
- You’ll need a box, bench or risers for the box jumps. I’d suggest a 20-24 inch box.
- The pull-ups can be modified to ring rows, inverted rows or assisted pull-ups using a machine or band.
- If you don’t have a treadmill or outdoor space to run, you can row or bike instead.
More Fun Workouts
Need a Christmas Eve and Boxing Day workout too? Here are some more must-try workouts!