Easy Peanut Butter Granola
Granola is one of my all-time favourite foods. I love it almost as much as I love peanut butter. Since I’m such a huge fan of granola and I love peanut butter more than anything, it was only natural to put the two together in this super simple, peanut butter granola recipe!
Natural Peanut Butter
Natural peanut butter is the way to go, guys. If you’re not familiar with natural peanut butter, it should contain just 1 ingredient: peanuts. Sometimes it might have 2 ingredients such as peanuts and salt, but nothing more. Natural peanut butter is healthy, nutritious, a great source of energy and delivers the best peanut butter flavour.
Tips for Using Natural Peanut Butter
Because 100% natural peanut butter doesn’t contain added oils or sugar, the natural oils separate from the peanuts when it’s stored. Don’t be surprised when you open a container of natural peanut butter and all you see is oil.
For best results, when you bring home natural peanut butter, place it upside down in the cupboard before using. Once you open it, stir it well then store it upside down in the fridge. This helps the oil stayed mixed.
Customize This Granola
The best part about this peanut butter granola is you can customize it by adding your favourite extra ingredients!
Peanut Butter Granola Add-In Options
- raisins, dried cranberries or chopped dates
- goji berries or mulberries
- sunflower seeds, pepitas, hemp seeds or chia seeds
- peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans or any other nut
- coconut chips or shredded coconut
- banana chips
- any chopped dried fruit such as mango, apple or apricot
- chocolate chips, cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate
- anything else you can think of!
Super Simple Peanut Butter Granola
So, what makes this peanut butter granola super simple? Well, you only need 4 ingredients plus sea salt to make it and it’s very easy to prepare in just one bowl. All you’ll need is peanut butter, rolled oats, sea salt, pure maple syrup and coconut oil. That’s it!
The combination of natural peanut butter and rolled oats make this granola a wholesome breakfast when paired with almond milk and sliced banana or fresh berries. When mixed in a bowl with a splash of almond milk it’s to-die-for as the peanut butter flavour melds with the milk….omg, guys. It’s crazy good.
It’s also amazing layered with coconut yogurt and topped with berries in a peanut butter granola parfait. It can even be added to trail mix and taken on the road for a hike.Print
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- All all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip granola using a spatula. Bake for another 20 minutes. Keep on eye on it after 12-15 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn. It should be golden brown when it’s done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan before storing.
- Once it’s cool, mix in any desired add-ins then store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: peanut butter granola, easy, refined sugar-free, healthy
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup (60 g)
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Protein: 9 g