Peanut Butter Granola
This easy peanut butter granola recipe calls for just 4-ingredients: oats, peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Enjoy with sliced banana, blueberries and plant-based milk or yogurt for a delicious breakfast treat.
This recipe calls for just 4 simple ingredients.
- Peanut butter. Make sure you use natural peanut butter, not processed. Natural peanut butter should have just one or two ingredients listed, peanuts or peanuts and salt. You can substitute almond, cashew or sunflower seed butter.
- Maple syrup. Use pure maple syrup or substitute it with agave syrup.
- Coconut oil. The coconut oil and maple syrup help the granola crisp up. If you’re looking for oil-free granola, try my cinnamon raisin granola recipe.
- Oats. Use rolled, old fashioned or large flake oats.
Recipe Method and Tips
The part about this recipe? You only need 4 ingredients and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Let’s take a quick look at how to make it….ps. it’s super easy.
Start by mixing up the peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil until smooth and creamy, then combining it with the rolled oats.
Stir the mixture until all the oats are coated.
Place the granola on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake away!
Quick Tip: Make sure the granola is spread in one even layer and not piled up on top of itself. This helps everything get nice and crispy! Use two pans if needed.
Quick Tip: For crispy granola with lots of clusters, make sure you let it completely cool on the pan before handling or storing.
Once the granola is completely cool, store it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
How to Customize This Granola
The best part about this peanut butter granola is you can customize it with your favourite add-ins. The last batch I made, I added unsweetened shredded coconut, pecans and cacao nibs.
Mix and match any of the add-ins below up top 1.5 cups total.
- dried fruit – raisins, cranberries, chopped dates, goji berries, mulberries, chopped apricots, blueberries, banana chips
- seeds – sunflower seeds, pepitas, hemp seeds or chia seeds
- nuts – peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans or cashews
- coconut – coconut chips or shredded coconut
- chocolate (add after baking) – chocolate chips, cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate
The combination of natural peanut butter and rolled oats make this granola a wholesome breakfast when paired with almond milk and sliced banana or fresh berries. When mixed in a bowl with a splash of almond milk it’s to-die-for as the peanut butter flavour combines with the milk.
It’s also amazing layered with coconut yogurt and topped with berries in a peanut butter granola parfait or can be added to trail mix and taken on the road for a hike.
More Granola Recipes
Here are some more granola recipes you’ll love:Print
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the peanut butter, maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in the oats.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the granola and spread it into one even layer. If needed, use two baking trays so the granola is not piled on itself.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes then keep an eye on it every few minutes after that to prevent burning. It should be golden brown and fragrant when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan before handling or storing.
- Once it’s cool, mix in any desired add-ins then store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: peanut butter granola, easy, refined sugar-free, healthy
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup (60 g)
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Protein: 9 g
This recipe was originally published May 2, 2017. It was updated with new photos and text in March 2020.