Mocha Protein Oatmeal
Love coffee? You’ll love this vegan mocha protein oatmeal made with chia seeds, coffee and vegan protein powder.
Overnight Oats Method
To make these as overnight oats, add everything to a container and mix well, making sure it’s well combined and the chia seeds are all mixed in. Place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, enjoy cold with your favourite toppings.
To make these stovetop, simply add everything to a saucepan, cook until thick and enjoy! I like to use rolled oats for their thick, chewy texture but you can use quick or minute oats to reduce the cooking time.
This quick stovetop oatmeal recipe features hearty rolled oats, vegan protein powder, coffee and almond milk cooked up to thick and creamy perfection. Enjoy as is or top with fruit, nut butter and chocolate chips for a treat.
Here are some delicious topping ideas to take these to the next level:
- chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- sliced banana
- sliced strawberries
- shredded coconut
- nut butter or tahini
More Oatmeal Recipes
Here are some of my favourite oatmeal recipes:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal
- Simple Creamy Banana Oatmeal
- Carrot Zucchini Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Easy Baked Banana Oatmeal
These mocha protein oats are for coffee-lovers! Save a cup of your new brew and make a bowl of this delicious, high-protein oatmeal.
- To make on the stove top, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Stirring often. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken for a few more minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, scoop into a bowl, add any toppings you like and enjoy!
For additional sweetness, add a small amount of stevia, Lakanto monk fruit sweetener or maple syrup to taste.
Topping Ideas: Drizzle of additional plant-based milknut butter or tahini, drizzle of maple syrup, cacao nibs or non-dairy chocolate chips, sliced banana, sliced strawberries, shredded coconut.
Keywords: mocha oats, coffee oats, vegan protein oatmeal, protein oats