Vegan Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
This vegan peaches and creamy oatmeal takes just 10 minutes to make on the stovetop for a healthy, filling and delicious breakfast.
Love those peaches and cream instant oatmeal packets? Try making your own with this easy stovetop peach oatmeal recipe!
It’s easy and delicious to make whether you’re using frozen peaches or fresh juicy peaches (hello, peach season!). It’s also a great way to enjoy a hearty, whole grain breakfast and can even be made as overnight oats for a make-ahead option for busy mornings.
The oats are cooked stovetop with protein and flax then finished with a drizzle of coconut milk to make them extra creamy! So yummy!
- Dietary Features: Vegan and gluten-free (use gluten-free certified oats if needed).
- Nutrition Features: High in protein and fiber thanks to protein powder and ground flaxseed.
- Customizable: Swap the peaches for berry or apple to switch up the flavour.
- Sweet peach flavour and delicious creamy texture you’ll love!
Ingredients You’ll Need
A complete list of ingredients with amounts and full instructions is located in the printable recipe card below. This section covers ingredient and substitution considerations.
- Protein Powder: You can use any vegan vanilla protein powder you enjoy (Vega, Iron Vegan, NuZest, Sprout Living, etc). See the FAQ section for making this recipe without protein powder.
- Oats: This recipe is best with rolled oats but you can use quick oats or instant oats too.
- Peach: You can use fresh or frozen sliced or diced peaches.
- Flax: Ground flax seed or chia seeds work.
- Coconut Milk: The coconut milk acts as the “cream”. You can use light or full-fat coconut milk or swap it for cashew cream or any plant-based milk such as cashew milk or oat milk.
- Optional: For extra flavour you can add vanilla, cinnamon and a pinch of salt but they’re totally optional.
How to Make Peach Oatmeal
- Add the oats, protein, flax, vanilla, water (or half water, half milk) and peaches to a small saucepan.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often, until thick and creamy. If it gets too thick, stir in a little plant-based milk or water as it’s cooking.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk and almond butter, if desired.
Enjoy your creamy, dreamy, vegan peaches and creamy oatmeal for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
Notes & Tips
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd or prep for later.
- If prepping in advance, don’t add the coconut milk until serving.
- If using fresh ripe peaches, stir them in at the end so they don’t get too mushy through cooking.
Yes! To make these as overnight oats, simple add everything to a container and mix well, making sure it’s well mixed and there are no clumps of oats or flax.
Store in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning! Overnight oats will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days but best within 1-2 days.
Definitely! Fresh or frozen peaches both work well. If you use fresh peaches, stir them in once the oats are cooked to prevent them from getting overly mushy during cooking.
Sure! The recipe will remain the same but the oats will take less time to cook.
Yes! To make peach steel cut oats, increase the liquid to 1.5 cups and the cooking time to 20-25 minutes over medium-low heat.
You can omit the protein powder but you’ll need to replace with with 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice such as maple syrup, brown sugar, coconut sugar or for sugar-free oats, stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
You may also want to reduce the cooking liquid to 3/4 cup and slowly add more if needed.
- Fridge: If prepping additional servings in advance, cover and store extras in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Stovetop or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until heated to your preference. Add the coconut milk and almond butter at serving.
Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review and be sure to tag me @runningonrealfood if you post it on social media.
This vegan peaches and cream oatmeal is ready in minutes on the stovetop and makes a filling, healthy and delicious twist on the classic flavour.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (7 g)
- 1/2 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (15 g)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sliced peaches (140 g)
- 1 cup water (250 mL, half water and half plant-based milk also works for extra creaminess!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup light or full-fat coconut milk, for serving
- 1–2 tbsp almond butter, optional for serving
- Add the oats, peaches, ground flaxseed, protein powder, sea salt, water and vanilla to a small pot and cook over low t0 medium heat until thick and creamy, stirring often to prevent burning. Add 1-2 tbsp more water or plant-based milk if needed to adjust thickness as it cooks.
- Once the oats are cooked, scoop them into a bowl, top with the coconut milk and almond butter, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts are using light coconut milk.
If using fresh peaches, stir them in with 1-2 minutes of cooking left to prevent them from getting mushy.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop, stirring in plant-based milk or water to thin if needed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: peaches and cream oatmeal
This recipe was originally published February 21, 2016. It was updated with new photos and text July 9, 2020.