Vegan Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
This vegan peaches and creamy oatmeal takes just 10 minutes to make on the stovetop for a healthy, filling and delicious breakfast.
- vegan and gluten-free – works for those with dietary restrictions
- high in fiber and protein – thanks to flax and protein powder
- customizable – swap the peaches for berries or apple
Ingredients You’ll Need
- protein powder – any vegan vegan vanilla protein powder works, must make sure you enjoy the taste of it
- rolled oats – rolled oats work best, however, you can use quick oats if needed and just reduce the cooking time
- peach – fresh or frozen sliced or diced peaches work
- flax – groun flax helps thicken the oatmeal, chia seeds also work here
- coconut milk – coconut milk acts as the “cream”, you can use light or regular coconut milk
Step by Step Instructions
Add the oats, protein, flax, vanilla, water and peaches to a small saucepan.
Cook for 7-10 minutes on low to medium heat until thick and creamy. Stir often to prevent it from burning. If it gets too thick, stir in a little plant-based milk or water.
Transfer to a bowl and enjoy topped with coconut milk and almond butter.
- The protein powder can be omitted but you’ll need to replace it with a sweetener such as maple syrup, stevia or coconut sugar. You may want to reduce the cooking liquid to 3/4 cup as well, you can always add more if needed.
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd or prep for later.
- If prepping in advance, don’t add the coconut milk until serving.
- If using fresh peaches, stir them in at the end so they don’t get too mushy through cooking.
How to Store
- Fridge: If prepping additional servings in advance, cover and store extras in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat stovetop or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until heated to your preference. Add the coconut milk and almond butter at serving.
More Oatmeal Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal
- Easy Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Blueberry Oatmeal
- Golden Coconut Apple Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oats
- Add the oats, peaches, ground flaxseed, protein powder, sea salt, water and vanilla to a small pot and cook over low t0 medium heat until thick and creamy, stirring often to prevent burning. Add 1-2 tbsp more water or plant-based milk if needed to adjust thickness as it cooks.
- Once the oats are cooked, scoop them into a bowl, top with the coconut milk and almond butter, and enjoy!
Nutrition facts include 1 tbsp of almond butter and light coconut milk.
If using fresh peaches, stir them in with 1-2 minutes of cooking left to prevent them from getting mushy.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop, stirring in plant-based milk or water to thin if needed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 435
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: peaches and cream oatmeal
This recipe was originally published February 21, 2016. It was updated with new photos and text July 9, 2020.