Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oats
I’m eating carrot cake for breakfast and I don’t care what anyone says! Ok, it’s not quite carrot cake but these carrot cake overnight protein oats are close enough for me. They taste amazing, are high in plant-based protein and provide plenty of energy for an active day. You only need a few minutes to prep them then evening before and in the morning you’ll be digging into delicious, sweet and satisfying carrot cake oatmeal.
Easy Ways to Eat More Veggies
Sadly, most people don’t eat enough vegetables so if I can find ways to sneak raw veggies into easy recipes, I’m gonna do it! I love adding carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, squash and even cauliflower to my overnight oats. All these veggies blend in nicely so you can’t really taste them when added to oatmeal. I like the texture and volume they add without the extra calories, plus they all add their share of nutritional benefit along with the extra volume. Here are a few options for adding veggies to your oats!
- Add grated zucchini to my Brownie Batter Overnigth Protein Oats
- Try my Cauflilower Rice Pudding
- Try my Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oats
Carrot cake overnight oats are one my favourite variations of oatmeal. Well, these and my Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats are both up there for sure! You can make these with or without protein so check the recipe variations listed below. Most days I don’t use a recipe, I simply toss all my desired ingredients in a jar, top it with almond milk and stick it in the fridge. They takes all of about 60 seconds to prepare, that’s what makes them so great!
Check out the video below of how to make them, it’s so easy and they seriously taste amazing! I love making them with light coconut milk like I did in the video, it really takes them to the next level. I topped the ones in the video with raisins, walnuts and coconut plus some coconut yogurt and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
I shared a bunch of my favourite overnight oat variations in this post and I’ve posted number of delicious overnight oat recipes on the blog already, Berry Coconut Overnight Oats and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oats to name a few! There are just so many ways you can make them they never get old.
Dig into these wholesome, nourishing and satisfying oats with the added bonus of extra nutrition from the carrots.Print
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup (35 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop (20 g) Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla or vegan protein powder of choice
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (40 g) finely grated, peeled raw carrot
- Add the almond milk to a container, jar or bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Leave out the protein. It’s up to you but I like the flavour, texture and nutrition that Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla adds. If you’re leaving out the protein, use a touch less almond milk.
- Switch up the add-ins. Feel free to mix and match the add-ins I used, omit any or increase the amounts or try additional toppings like coconut whipped cream, dairy-free yogurt, walnuts, almonds or pineapple.
- Add more spices. I usually just add cinnamon to mine but they’re also good with ground ginger and nutmeg.
- Use a different liquid. I make these with unsweetened almond milk but you can also use water, light or full-fat coconut milk or any other plant-based milk you enjoy.