Carrot Cake Overnight Protein Oats
These carrot cake overnight protein oats taste amazing, are high in plant-based protein and provide plenty of energy for an active day. You only need a few minutes to prep them in the evening to to wake up to delicious, sweet and satisfying carrot cake oatmeal.
Carrot cake oats are one my favourite variations of the classic breakfast. This version features raisins and coconut to really bring in that carrot cake flavour.
You’ll love waking up to these wholesome, nourishing and satisfying oats with the added bonus of healthy carrots and plant-based protein powder.
- Rolled oats. You can use quick oats, rolled oats or large flake oats in this recipe.
- Shredded coconut. Use unsweetened fine or medium shredded coconut.
- Raisins. You can use raisins or a couple of chopped dates.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon is optional but adds a nice hint of flavour.
- Carrot. Use finely grated raw carrot. Make sure it’s fine grated as coarse grated carrot will not soften overnight and hard bits of carrot in your morning oats is kinda gross, tbh.
- Plant-based protein powder. While you can make this recipe with or without protein powder, I really prefer it with the added protein. I like pea protein best for its doughy texture but any plant-based protein works. See recipe notes for making it without protein powder.
These are so easy to make you don’t even really need a recipe. Toss all your ingredients in a far, top it with almond milk, mix well and stick them in the fridge overnight. They take about 60 seconds to prepare, that’s what makes them so great!
- Leave out the protein. It’s up to you but I like the flavour, texture and nutrition that vanilla protein adds. If you’re leaving out the protein, use a bit less almond milk and add a sweetener such as maple syrup or stevia.
- Switch up the add-ins. Feel free to mix and match add-ins like coconut, raisins, walnuts and pineapple.
- Add toppings. I love topping these with ingredients like coconut yogurt, walnuts, almond butter and pineapple.
- Add more spice. Play around with ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Use a different liquid. Instead of almond milk, try them with light coconut milk or any other plant-based milk you like.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
Loving these carrot cake oats? You might like these too:
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Berry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk of choice
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1 scoop (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons (22 g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (35 g) lightly packed, finely grated, peeled raw carrot (1/4 cup tightly packed)
- Add the almond milk to a sealable container, jar or bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine, making sure there no dry clumps.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
To make these without protein powder, reduce the milk to 3/4 cup and add 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup or sweeten to taste with stevia.
For toppings, try almond butter, coconut yogurt, pineapple, walnuts or additional raisins and coconut.
Keywords: carrot cake overnight oats, carrot cake oatmeal
This recipe was originally published April 17, 2017. It was updated with new photos and text January 2020. There was no change made to the original recipe.