Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are vegan and gluten-free, don’t require any baking and take just minutes to make.
These raw peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are basically just raw cookie dough, pressed into cookie shapes, minus the eggs, sugar and flour. Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty treats:
- Dates. I recommend soft and sweet medjool dates for these cookies but sayer or deglect noor also work well. As long as they’re soft and not overly dry, you’re good to go.
- Peanut butter. You’ll want to use natural peanut butter with just 1 or 2 ingredients, either just peanuts or peanuts and salt. Can’t do peanut butter? Almond butter works too!
- Chocolate chips. To keep these cookies dairy-free and vegan, look for Enjoy Life, Camino or another dairy-free chocolate chip brand. If you can’t find any chocolate chips, you can also use chopped dark chocolate.
- Maple syrup. The recipe calls for just a touch of maple syrup for a hint of sweetness.
- Optional vanilla and sea salt. The sea salt and vanilla are optional but I’d recommend adding them for an enhanced cookie dough flavour. You may not need salt if your peanut butter was salted though.
These are really easy to make! Pop the dates into a food processor and mix into a paste. Add everything else, except the chocolate chips and mix until it forms a big ball of dough. Pulse or stir in the chocolate chips then roll into balls, flatten and enjoy!
These can be stored in the fridge for up to a week and the freezer for up to 2 months. They’re super yummy straight from the freezer!
You can make this recipe your own by substituting the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter, almond butter, cashew butter or even tahini.
You can also switch up the add-ins. Try:
- chopped nuts such as peanuts, walnuts or almonds
- shredded coconut
- dried cranberries or raisins
- chopped dark chocolate
Once you make the base of dates, nut butter, vanilla, sea salt and maple syrup you can add in whatever you like!
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you’re a cookie dough fan (who isn’t?), you will love these sweet little cookies! I mean, you really can’t go wrong with sweet, caramelly dates blended with creamy almond butter and chocolate chips, can you?
Take them on the road, stash them in the freezer for an after-dinner treat or grab one anytime you need a little something to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Quick Tip: I recommend using a kitchen scale for measuring ingredients. The accuracy of volume measurements can vary greatly so for best results use a scale and follow the weights I’ve provided.
More No-Bake Recipes
Loving these little treats? Here are some more easy no-bake recipes to try:
- No-Bake Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Bars
- Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bites
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- No-Bake Oatmeal Bars
- In a food processor or blender, process the dates until they’re broken down and form a dough. Stop the processor a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla to the food processor. Process until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll the dough into 12 bite-sized balls then flatten each with a fork or your palm. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: raw cookies, raw peanut butter cookies, no-bake, healthy
This recipe was originally published February 20, 2013. It was updated with new text and photos January 2020. There was no change made to the original recipe.