Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious raw peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are easy to make in minutes in a food processor and perfect for a sweet treat any time of day.
- dietary – vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, can be nut-free, refined sugar-free
- quick and easy – you’ll need just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes
- freezer-friendly – store a batch in the freezer for a healthier dessert option whenever you need one
- Dates. I recommend soft and sweet medjool dates for these cookies but sayer or deglect noor also work well. As long as they’re soft and not overly dry, you’re good to go.
- Peanut butter. You’ll want to use natural peanut butter with just 1 or 2 ingredients, either just peanuts or peanuts and salt. Almond butter also works!
- Chocolate chips. To keep these cookies dairy-free and vegan, look for Enjoy Life, Camino or another dairy-free chocolate chip brand. If you can’t find any chocolate chips, you can also use chopped dark chocolate.
- Maple syrup. The recipe calls for just a touch of maple syrup for a hint of sweetness. Can be subbed with agave if needed. Coconut sugar would also work.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Add everything except for the chocolate chips to a food processor and mix until it forms a big ball of sticky dough.
Quick Tip: I recommend using a kitchen scale for measuring ingredients. The accuracy of volume measurements can vary greatly so for best results use a scale and follow the weights I’ve provided.
Step 2. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
Roll the dough into balls, then flatten into cookie shapes and enjoy!
- nut-free – use sunflower seed butter, Wowbutter or tahini instead of peanut butter
- add-ins – mix and match up to 1/2 cup of walnuts, almonds, peanuts, shredded coconut, dried cranberries or raisins, cacao nibs
- energy bites – if you don’t feel like shaping them into cookies, they work just fine as energy bites too!
How to Store
- Fridge: Up to 1 week in a sealed container.
- Freezer: Up to 2 months in a sealed container or freezer safe bag. They won’t freeze solid so can be enjoyed straight from the freezer.
- No-Bake Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Bars
- Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bites
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- No-Bake Oatmeal Bars
- No-Bake Brownie Bites
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
These no-bake peanut butter cookies are like eating raw cookie dough but much healthier! Store the entire batch in a container and eat by the spoonful, roll into balls or press into cookies.
- In a food processor or blender, process the dates until they’re broken down and form a dough. Stop the processor a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla to the food processor. Process until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll the dough into 12 bite-sized balls then flatten each with a fork or your palm. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: raw cookies, raw peanut butter cookies, no-bake, healthy
Update Note: Originally published on February 20, 2013. Updated with new text and photos in January 2020.