Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
All you need is 2 minutes in the evening to wake up to these fall-inspired, healthy and super easy pumpkin pie overnight oats!
Just like any variation of overnight oats, this healthy breakfast dish is super easy to make. All you need to do is throw some stuff in a container and you’re done. Super easy. These are no different, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, sweetener, almond milk and oats go into a container, pop them in the fridge and you’re all set.
Using Canned Pumpkin Puree
I use canned pumpkin in all my pumpkin recipes but you could always use homemade pumpkin purée. If you’re using canned pumpkin purée, first of all make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling and the only ingredient listed is pumpkin.
Secondly, I would recommend dolling out a few extra dollars for a can of good quality, organic pumpkin. The best one I’ve found is Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin Purée. I’ve bought No Name Pumpkin Purée before, as well as E.D. Smith Pumpkin and neither compare in taste or texture.
I use the Farmer’s Market brand for all my pumpkin creations, it’s just so much better that’s it’s definitely worth the extra dollar or so. Every time I find it on sale I grab a few extra cans so I always have pumpkin at the ready!
There are so many yummy ingredients you can use as toppings to take your pumpkin oats next level. My favourite toppings are:
- chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans
- raisins or chopped dates
- sliced dried figs
- toasted coconut flakes
- sliced apple or banana
- peanut or almond butter
All of these ingredients make delicious, healthy toppings for your pumpkin oats. Alternatively, try adding them right into the oats overnight for extra flavour, texture and nutrition. You can also add vanilla protein powder to the mixture to boost the protein in these oats. Get creative, this “recipe” is really more of a guideline for all yoru pumpkin creations.
You can also play around with the amount of liquid used. Sometimes I like making them really thick so they’re almost dough-like, sometimes I add a bit ore liquid for a traditional porridge consistency. Both ways are delicious!
More Overnight Oats Recipes
Here are some more yummy overnight oats you’ll love:
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oatmeal Parfaits
- Overnight Oatmeal Parfaits
- 1/2 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup quality pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- sweetener of choice: 1-2 packets stevia, 10 stevia drops, 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup or agave or other sweetener or choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a container such as a mason jar. Stir or shake vigorously to combine.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, enjoy straight from the fridge or heated up stovetop or in the microwave. Add optional toppings and dig in!
Optional add-ins: 1-2 tbsp of raisins, unsweetened shredded coconut and/or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (add an extra 1/3 cup almond milk and omit adding sweetener if using protein powder.)
Optional topping ideas: apple, banana, dates, almond butter, chopped almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Keywords: pumpkin pie overnight oats, pumpkin overnight oatmeal