Peanut Butter Pumpkin Smoothie
This vegan peanut butter pumpkin smoothie is so creamy and delicious it’s sure to become a Fall favourite.
- dietary needs: vegan, gluten-free
- nutritional features: high in protein, no added sugar
- peanut butter or powdered peanut butter – both work well, for more peanut butter flavour without adding 4 tbsp of peanut butter, use 4 tbsp powdered peanut butter, for delicious creaminess, use 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- frozen fruit – I like it best with frozen banana but if you can’t do banana, replace with frozen peach
- protein powder – best with vanilla pea protein-based powder
- plant milk – any kind works, just make sure you enjoy the taste, I like almond or cashew
- pumpkin – use plain, canned pumpkin puree, I like Farmers Market best (could be subbed with butternut squash or sweet potato puree, if needed)
Add everything to a blender, starting with the milk, and start blending on low.
Slowly increase the speed to medium or high and blend for 20-30 seconds until completely smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and enjoy right away!
- Peanut Butter: Can be made with powdered peanut butter or peanut butter. For more peanut butter flavour without an extra 200 calories, 4 tbsp of powdered peanut butter works great, however, 2 tbsp of peanut butter is also lovely because it makes it super smooth and creamy.
- Peanut-Free Option: Use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Sweetening: I don’t add any extra sweetener but for a treat and depending on the protein powder used, you may consider adding add a few drops of liquid stevia, 2 tsp maple syrup or 2-4 soft, moist dates.
- Make it Larger: For a larger smoothie and additional nutrition, add up to 1 cup cooked frozen cauliflower florets, frozen zucchini chunks or 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato puree.
- Reduced Sugar: For a lower sugar smoothie, replace the banana with 1.25 cups of frozen peach slices or use 1/2 cup frozen peach and half a frozen banana.
- Blueberry Lemon Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie with Cookie Dough
- Kale Spinach Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
This smoothie is ultra creamy, is loaded with nutrition and features two of the best flavours ever: peanut butter and pumpkin! Try them together with an added kick of ginger and cinnamon in this delicious, protein-rich treat.
- Add the plant milk to a high-speed blender then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed, blending for 20-30 seconds until creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy right away.
Peanut Butter: For the most peanut butter flavour, use 4 tbsp of powdered peanut butter. Peanut butter also works great but 2 tbsp gets a little lost amongst the other flavours, however, it does add a delicious creaminess!
Sweetener: For an extra treat, add a few drops of liquid stevia, 2 tsp maple syrup or 2-4 soft, moist dates.
Fruit: For less sugar, replace the banana with 1.25 cups of frozen peach slices or use 1/2 cup frozen peach and half a frozen banana.
More Volume: For a larger smoothie and additional nutrition, add up to 1 cup cooked frozen cauliflower florets, frozen zucchini chunks or 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato puree.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 493
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 32 g
Keywords: peanut butter pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin protein shake
Originally published on November 13, 2017. Updated with new text and photos on September 18, 2020.