Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie
This vegan pumpkin smoothie features two favourite holiday flavours, pumpkin and gingerbread! Sweet, spicy and extra creamy, enjoy this blend for a healthy and delicious, holiday treat.
- dietary: vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free (dependent on protein powder use)
- nutrition: high-protein, low-fat, no added sugar
- quick and easy: blend this addictively creamy treat up in 30 seconds
- healthy holidays: with ingredients like ginger, molasses and pumpkin, this makes the perfect sweet but healthy treat to sip during the holidays
- pumpkin – use plain, canned , I like Farmer’s Market or E.D. Smith
- frozen banana or peach – use frozen banana, frozen peach slices or a mixture of the two
- molasses – any kind works, adds the gingerbread flavour!
- protein powder – use your favourite
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located in the recipe card below.
Add the milk to yourfirst, starting with 1 cup, then add the rest of the ingredients. Start blending on low then slowly increase speed and mix until completely smooth and creamy.
Quick Tip: Start with 1 cup of milk then slowly add more if needed to adjust the consistency to your preference. I usually use just over 1 cup.
Pour into your favourite smoothie glass and enjoy for a sweet, creamy treat!
Notes and Tips
- Consistency: Use less almond milk if you want a really thick, soft serve ice cream consistency or use about 1 1/4 cup for a drinkable smoothie. I used 1 1/4 cup almond milk and it was thick enough to eat with spoon but could still be sipped through a straw.
- Banana-Free Option: Replace frozen banana with 1.25 cups frozen peach slices or do half banana, half peach.
- More Volume: For a large smoothie, add up to 1 cup frozen cooked cauliflower or zucchini (zucchini can be raw or cooked).
- Cookie Dough Topping: Mash or blend together 2 pitted dates, 1 teaspoon of molasses, 2 tablespoons of oats and a pinch of salt. Crumble on top of you smoothie.
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Smoothie
- Orange Mango Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
- Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
- Add the milk to your blender, starting with 1 cup, then add the rest of the ingredients. You may need to add a little more milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with the optional cookie dough crumble (see notes). Enjoy right away.
Cookie Dough Topping: Add 2 small, soft pitted dates, 1 tsp of molasses, 2 tbsp of oats and a pinch of cinnamon, ginger and sea salt to a blender and pulse a few times until it forms a dough. If you don’t want to blend it, just mash it all up in a bowl. Other yummy toppings are coconut bacon or crumbled cookie dough balls.
Banana-Free/Lower-Sugar-Option: Banana can be replaced with 1.25 cups frozen peach slices or you can use half a large banana and about 1/2 cup frozen peach slices.
Additions: Add 1-2 tbsp almond or peanut butter for an extra creamy treat. For more volume and nutrition, add up to 1 cup cooked, frozen cauliflower or raw or cooked frozen, peeled zucchini.
Keywords: pumpkin smoothie, gingerbread smoothie
Originally published November 9, 2017. New photos and text added October 5, 2020.