Are you tired of pumpkin-everything-everywhere-all-the-time yet? I’m not, not yet anyways! The pumpkin love continues with a creamy, vegan pumpkin spice latte smoothie you can whip up in just a minute to get your pumpkin spice fix anytime you need it. This delicious pumpkin smoothie is made with coffee, almond milk, frozen banana, plant-based vanilla protein powder, pumpkin puree, vanilla and spices for a healthy and frozen twist on a pumpkin spice latte.
Quick and Easy Caramel Sauce
I’ve made this smoothie with a couple different caramel-inspired sauces to drizzle on top. To make sweet, delicious, healthy sauces, I like to mix a nut butter or tahini with either maples syrup, dates or coconut sugar and then thin it out with a bit of water. You can also you coconut milk for an even creamier sauce with more flavour.
Here are a couple amazing combos you can try:
- 1 tbsp tahini + 1 tsp coconut sugar, stir in a bit of water or coconut milk, mixing vigorusly until you can drizzle it
- 1 tbsp cashew butter + a few small, pitted fresh dates + a pinch of sea salt, soak dates in a bit of hot water, strain then blend everything together, adding a bit of water or coconut milk to reach desired consistency
- 1 tbsp almond butter + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup + a pinch of sea salt, stir in a bit of water or coconut milk, mixing vigorously until you can drizzle it
Any and all of these combos are amazing! Try almond butter and dates or dates and and tahini, you really can’t go wrong. They will take your creations to the next level!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie
All you need to make this pumpkin spice latte smoothie is: 1 frozen banana, pumpkin puree, brewed coffee, plant-based vanilla protein, almond milk and some spices. I usually toss in a couple dates for some extra sweetness.
Up the Creaminess
For even more creamy texture, you can freeze the pumpkin puree in silicone ice cube trays before use. Using frozen pumpkin in addition to frozen banana gives this smoothie an insanely delicious, soft-serve-esque texture.
Even better, freeze the coffee into coffee ice cubes and use those for even more creamy, frozen goodness!
Enjoy this smoothie to power up before a morning workout, to recover after a hard training session or just relaxing at home on a crisp fall morning.Print
This creamy and delicious smoothie is a healthy, frozen twist on the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte. If you love coffee and pumpkin, you will love this decadent drink! Bonus: it’s packed with nutrition and can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack anytime of day.
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (more if needed to reach desired consistency, if you prefer you can use more coffee and less milk…or all coffee! I use about 1 cup of liquid total.)
- 1 (120 g) frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (110 g) pumpkin puree
- 1 serving (40 g) plant-based vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp each of nutmeg and allspice)
- optional: 2-3 small pitted dates, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or 1 tbsp coconut sugar if you want a little extra sweetness
- optional: 1 or 2 ice cubes or frozen coffee cubes
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
I use this Farmers Market 100% Organic Pumpkin Puree for all my pumpkin recipes. I find it has the best flavour, it’s slightly sweet and nice and creamy.