Vegan Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Bars
These vegan chocolate baked oatmeal bars are made with just 5 ingredients: banana, oats, cocoa, chocolate vegan protein powder and chocolate chips! And with just 18 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein per 114 calorie bar, they’re easy to fit into any nutrition plan.
Baked oatmeal bars are kind of like a bowl of oatmeal in solid form. In fact, I’d say that perfectly describes them.
I make baked oatmeal bars a lot without using recipes because you really can’t go wrong. Basically mix any fruit puree with oats, bake it and you’re good to go! I usually make them with banana and I like to add vegan protein powder just so they’re a bit more balanced but the adding protein is optional.
These banana chocolate chips ones definitely more of treat with the added chocolate chips, chocolate protein and cocoa powder.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
I made this recipe with Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels in these but their mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks would also be awesome! You can use any kind of chocolate you want or feel free to leave them out if you want to further reduce the macros (not recommended, it’s chocolate!).
If you do make them without chocolate chips, they’re just 97 calories each with 16C/1.5F/6P per bar.
If you cut them into the recommended 16 servings they’re fairly small bars, so making 10-12 bars out of it might be nice for a more satisfying serving size! I typically just eat two at a time anyway, so I like the flexibility of 16 bars. Lol.Print
- 1 3/4 cups (410 g) mashed banana (I used 4 small bananas)
- 2 cups (200 g) quick or rolled oats
- 2 servings (60 g) chocolate or vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 tbsp (15 g) unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp (60 g) Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels or Mini Chocolate Chips
- Optional: a few pinches of stevia powder, 2 packets or 10-20 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a fork or immersion blender to completely mash the bananas into a puree.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix in the banana until the mixture forms a thick dough.
- Press the dough into a 7-8 inch square baking pan either lined with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool then slice into 16 bars and store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: protein, high-protein