Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels
Simple, vegan maple dijon roasted brussel sprouts that make a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Easter or Christmas dinner.
How to make Roasted Brussel Sprouts
This recipe is easy to make. You will need about 45 minutes including prep time.
Step 1: Prepare the Brussels Sprouts
To prepare the brussels sprouts for roasting, cut the stem off each and then cut each in half lengthwise. Add the chopped brussels to a large mixing bowl. Mix the brussels with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 2: Roast the Brussels Sprouts
Next, it’s roasting time! Place the chopped brussels sprouts on a baking tray, cut side down, in a single layer. I like to line the baking tray with parchment paper for easy clean up but it’s not totally necessary.
Roast the brussels at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes. They should be tender and starting to brown.
Step 3: Add the Maple Dijon Glaze
After roasting the brussels for about 30 minutes, remove them from the oven and drizzle them with the maple dijon glaze. Use a spatula to coat then pop them back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. After that, they’re ready to serve.
Maple Dijon Brussel Sprouts Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make and works well as a delicious side to any meal. They are best served straight from the oven but will keep in the fridge for a few days and an be reheated stovetop or in the oven.
- To make these maple roasted instead of maple dijon roasted, simply omit the dijon mustard and use 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Try mixing in chopped pecans, slivered almonds, walnuts or toasted hazelnuts once cooked.
- Try mixing in cranberries once cooked.
More Holiday Recipes
These recipes also work great for Thanksgiving and other holiday meals:
- Coconut Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Fall Harvest Salad
- Healthy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the stems off the brussels sprouts then cut each in half.
- Add the chopped brussels to a large bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to fully coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for approximately 30 minutes, flipping once, half way through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dijon and maple syrup. Drizzle over the brussels sprouts and mix on the pan using a spatula.
- Place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
For maple roasted brussel sprouts, omit the dijon mustard and use 2 tbsp maple syrup.
Keywords: thanksgiving, easter, christmas, healthy, plant-based, easy
This recipe was originally published April 1, 2015. It was updated September 2019 with new photos and text.