Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
This healthy vegan cauliflower fried rice is so good, so easy, so healthy, so filling! If you’re craving fried rice, this is the perfect, healthy, vegan alternative to the classic Asian dish.
Originally Posted: March 1, 2016 | Updated: March 6, 2019
How to Make Healthy Fried Cauliflower Rice
This recipe is really easy to make and one of my favourite weeknight dinners. It takes less than 20 minutes and even less if you pre the riced cauliflower ahead of time. As for the oil in this recipe, although most of my recipes are oil-free, I would suggest keeping the sesame oil in this recipe as it really gives the dish that “fried rice” flavour.
To make this dish, simply cook the garlic in a skillet with the sesame oil for a few minute then add the carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, cook it all up until heated through and serve.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
To make cauliflower rice:
- Wash a head of cauliflower then chop or break into large chunks. I like to break it up and throw it in a colander to easily wash it.
- Add the chunks to a food processor and pulse a few times until it forms a rice consistency. That’s it!
The riced cauliflower can be stored in the fridge and used in various recipes or used right away in this fried rice dish.
Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
This easy dish is ready in about 15 minutes, low in carbs and fat and provides 10 grams of plant-based protein per serving. It’s also very filling for just 183 calories per serving.
More Easy Vegan Dinner IdeasPrint
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced (225 g)
- 1/2–1 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower, riced (1080 g, approx. 10 cups riced)
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 1 cup frozen corn (170 g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari if needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, peas, green onion, peas, corn and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.
To rice the cauliflower, chop off the base of the crown and remove any large stems. Using your hands or a knife, tear the crown into large florets. From here you can either place them in a food processor and pulse a few times until broken down or you can use a grater. I prefer the food processor method.
Keywords: easy fried rice, quick fried rice, vegan fried rice, fried cauliflower rice
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 36.4
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 10