Vegan Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower transforms into rice and pairs with crunchy cashews, sweet pineapple and plenty of spice in this delicious, vegan pineapple cashew cauliflower rice. Ready in under 30 minutes and made with simple, everyday ingredients, this recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners or made ahead as part of your weekly food prep.
I absolutely have no problem with grains and will never stop eating toast and english muffins with peanut butter. Never. However, aside from sushi dates, I’d rather fill up on something other than rice for my everyday meals. Rice is great, it’s an easy way to get energizing carbohydrates in your diet to keep you going on a busy day or recharging after a tough workout but so is fruit. I have a sweet tooth so I love getting most of my carbohydrates from fruit and starchy vegetables. Just a personal preference.
I still love traditional rice dishes though which is why I love cauliflower rice so much. Cauliflower rice can be used in place of white or brown rice in almost any recipe as a way to reduce calories and carbohydrates, sneak in extra nutrition or just for a little variety! I’ve even made rice pudding with it! If you’re tracking macronutrients, high-volume cauliflower rice is a great way to fill up and feel satisfied without using up too many carbs.
Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Quick Peanut Cauliflower Rice
- Thai Red Curry Cauliflower Rice
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice Pudding
Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice
The easiest way to make cauliflower rice is in a blender or food processor. Simply chop the cauliflower into chunks, toss it in the food processor and pulse until it forms rice. You can also use a grater but it’s a little more work and I much prefer the consistency you get from using a food processor. After you’ve made your cauliflower rice, it’s just a matter of adding everything to a pan and cooking it up! Spiced with curry powder, coriander, red pepper flakes and cumin, this recipe has layers of flavour and a little kick. Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
It’s finished off with raw cashews, green peas and sweet, tangy pineapple for a delicious combination of flavours and textures you’ll love. It’s sweet, it’s spicy, it’s nutritions and it’s delicious. Everything you’d want in a meal all rolled into one. Bonus – it only takes 20 minutes to make!Print
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (325 g, approx. 2 cups diced)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (800 g)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated (300 g, approx. 2 cups grated)
- 14 oz can pineapple chunks, drained (or 1/2 a fresh pineapple, diced)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 2/3 cup raw cashews (100 g)
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- In a large non-stick pan or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower and carrot and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and let cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 197 calories
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
Keywords: healthy, low-carb, curried, easy, quick, paleo