This easy cauliflower rice dish is sweet, spicy and full of nutrition. You only need 20 minutes to make it, it keeps well in the fridge make it great for food prep and it tastes amazing. You’ll love the cashew pineapple combo!
- 1 tsp coconut oil or other cooking oil of choice
- 1 onion (325 g, approx. 2 cups diced)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced (800 g)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated (300 g, approx. 2 cups grated)
- 14 oz can pineapple chunks, drained (or 1/2 a fresh pineapple, diced)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (170 g)
- 2/3 cup raw cashews (100 g)
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick pan or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until it starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir and cook for another minute or two.
- Stir in the cauliflower and carrot and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and let cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve right away with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Storing: Let cool then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat stovetop in a pan or in the microwave until warmed to your preference.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 197 calories
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
Keywords: cashew cauliflower rice, pineapple cauliflower rice