How many delicious things can you fit into one recipe title: creamy roasted garlic cauliflower soup. Uhh, I don’t think many more. This soup has a rich, deep garlic flavour and ultra smooth texture that you’re gonna wanna get in yo belly asap. And you most likely can do just that because it’s made with everyday ingredients like garlic, cauliflower, carrot, celery and broth. For such simple ingredients, the flavour of this soup is simply outstanding!
Stay Cozy With Soup
If you’ve been by Running on Real Food you may have noticed I’ve been on soup making rampage. No joke. I’ve posted 4 soups and 1 stew in the last few weeks. I guess I like to eat all my soup within a 4 month timeframe because I really don’t make soup during the spring and summer months. It’ll be back to non-stop salads in no time so I better get these soups in while I can. It’s all about being cozy right now, ya know?
Soups On Repeat
- Curried Carrot Ginger Soup
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Hearty Slow Cooker Vegan Stew
Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
The Options Are Endless
What’s next on the soup menu? I don’t know yet but there will be more for sure. I’ve been dreaming of a curried cauliflower and carrot soup so you can probably expect to see that soon. Who know’s what else, there are so many options!
Roasted Garlic On Everything
Anyways, about this creamy roasted garlic cauliflower soup…
What’s not to love because if you don’t love roasted garlic then what is your life? Ha. But really, isn’t roasted garlic the most amazing thing. I can eat it all on it’s own, in or on pretty much anything…maybe not with dessert though. Immunity boost x1000 too because garlic is a superfood immune booster full of antioxidants.
Any garlic lovers out there? Like always at-least-double-the-garlic-called-for-in-a-recipe kinda garlic lovers? Yep, that’s me.
Quick Tip: wash your hands really well after making this soup and before venturing into public because I forgot and was stinking up the gym big time. Ooopsies. Sorry workout partner. And it wasn’t even my breath, it was just more like a garlic aura. Maybe that’s not such a bad thing?
k…back to soup…
Vegan Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- made with 2 whole bulbs of roasted garlic
- low in fat and carbs
- vegan and gluten-free – it’s just veggies!
- ultra smooth and creamy
- rich, deep, savoury flavour
- doubles as an amazing gravy
- easy to make with minimal ingredients
Wait, Doubles As Gravy?
About this gravy situation. The first time I made this soup, it was really thick, almost like gravy. I scooped that soup/gravy onto everything from roasted veggies, to spaghetti squash, to baked potato and even crispy tofu and it. was. awesome. For the final recipe I only added an extra half cup of broth so feel free to start with a bit less liquid and add more after you blend it to reach your desired on consistency.
Either way, the flavour makes a wonderful sauce for whatever you feel like using it for. You can reduce the amount of liquid used a bit if you like an extra thick and creamy soup. Either way…it’s gonna taste gooooood.Print
Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
This creamy roasted garlic cauliflower soup is low in fat and carbs but packed with flavour and nutrition. Once the garlic is roasted, it can be ready in about 20 minutes. It’s thick, creamy, rich in flavour and perfect for dunking crispy bread in.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops of the bulbs of garlic so each clove is slightly exposed. Place each bulb on a small piece of tinfoil then drizzle 1/4 tsp of olive oil over each bulb. Wrap up in the foil and roast for 35 minutes.
- Add the onion and carrot to a soup pot with a splash of the vegetable stock and cook until starting to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stock and thyme. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulbs and add to the pot.
- Simmer until the cauliflower and carrots are completely soft and tender, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully pour into a blender an mix until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.