Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
This creamy roasted garlic cauliflower soup has a rich, deep garlic flavour and ultra smooth texture you will love. Made with everyday ingredients like garlic, cauliflower, carrot and broth, this soup is easy to make but still packed with flavour.
Healthy Comfort Food
Soup is the ultimate healthy comfort food. Warm and cozy with endless flavour options, it’s a great way to enjoy a feel-good meal while still packing in the nutrients. Served up with a big slice of fresh toasted sourdough, it’s one of my favourite meals. Some of my favourite soup recipes are:
What’s next on the soup menu? I don’t know yet but there will be more for sure. I’ve been dreaming of a curried cauliflower and carrot soup so you can probably expect to see that soon. Who know’s what else, there are so many options!
Cauliflower Health Benefits
Before we get into the recipe, I just wanted to touch base on the health benefits of cauliflower because it’s such as powerhouse ingredient.
Cauliflower is low in fat and carbohydrates, but packed with fibre, folate, water, vitamin C and several phytochemicals that may protect against cancer. Let’s go over a couple reasons why adding this cruciferous veggie to your diet can benefits your health:
- high in fibre, which in important for gut health and may reduce the risk of chronic disease
- provides antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and protect against disease
- it’s a low-calorie, high-fiber food that has a high water content, which helps you stay full
- it contains sulforophane, a powerful plant compound associated with a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease and diabetes
Another great thing about cauliflower is it’s such a versatile veggie it can stand in things like ground beef, rice, mashed potatoes and chicken wings. I also love using it to bulk up smoothies and smoothie bowls without adding extra sugar and calories. You can try it in Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl.
Roasted Garlic On Everything
With all that amazing roasted garlic flavour, what’s not to love about about this soup? Isn’t roasted garlic the most amazing thing. I can eat it all on it’s own or in or on pretty much anything. Plus, it’s great for an immune system boost because garlic is a superfood full of antioxidants.
How to Make this Soup
This soup is very easy to make with just a handful of simple ingredients. You’ll start by getting the roasted garlic in the oven.
Simply cut the tops off, drizzle with a little olive oil, wrap in foil and roast away until soft and fragrant. This usually takes about 30 minutes. I used two whole bulbs. Like I said, this soup is for garlic lovers!
After you’ve roasted the garlic, everything gets cooked up in a soup pot then blended and that’s it!
Any garlic lovers out there? If you tend to double the garlic called for in recipe kinda person, this soup is for you. This soup is:
- made with 2 whole bulbs of roasted garlic
- low in fat and carbs
- vegan and gluten-free – it’s just veggies!
- ultra smooth and creamy
- rich, deep, savoury flavour
- doubles as an amazing gravy
- easy to make with minimal ingredients
Doubles as Gravy
About this gravy situation. The first time I made this soup, it was really thick, almost like gravy. I scooped that soup/gravy onto everything from roasted veggies, to spaghetti squash, to baked potato and even crispy tofu and it. was. awesome. For the final recipe I only added an extra half cup of broth so feel free to start with a bit less liquid and add more after you blend it to reach your desired on consistency.
Either way, the flavour makes a wonderful sauce for whatever you feel like using it for. You can reduce the amount of liquid used a bit if you like an extra thick and creamy soup. Either way…it’s gonna taste gooooood.
More Healthy Soup Recipes
Loving this cauliflower soup? You might like these recipes too:
- Vegan Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Creamy Cauliflower Wild Rice Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup with Peas
- Easy Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Red Lentil Tomato Soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops of the bulbs of garlic so each clove is slightly exposed. Place each bulb on a small piece of tinfoil then drizzle 1/4 tsp of olive oil over each bulb. Wrap up in the foil and roast for 35 minutes.
- Add the onion and carrot to a soup pot with a splash of the vegetable stock and cook until starting to soften, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stock, rosemary and thyme. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulbs and add to the pot.
- Simmer until the cauliflower and carrots are completely soft and tender, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully pour into a blender an mix until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Keywords: creamy cauliflower soup, easy cauliflower soup
UPDATE NOTE: This recipe was originally posted November 13, 2016. It was updated May 3, 2019 with new photos and improved instructions.