Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
This incredible Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup is so easy to make and has the most amazing, slightly sweet and perfectly spiced flavour. If you love flavours like coconut and ginger, you’re going to love this filling, nourishing, vegan carrot soup.
Originally Posted: September 21, 2015 | Updated: March 13, 2019
How to Make This Soup
You’ll need a large saucepan or medium to large-sized soup pot to start. The first thing you want to do is saute the onions and garlic to bring out their flavour. You can use 2-3 tsp of olive oil, water or vegetable stock to cook them. After a few minutes, add the carrot and ginger and give it a good mix.
After the carrots, onion, garlic and ginger and smelling all wonderful and delicious, you can add the spices. I used cumin and coriander which work nicely with the coconut milk. For an alternative, you could do curry powder and turmeric or even a little pinch of cinnamon. You can add a pinch of salt and pepper too at this point, if you like.
After that cooks for another minute or two, add the coconut milk and vegetable broth, give it a good stir and let it simmer away until the carrots and tender.
Now it’s time to blend! You can use an immersion blender in the pot which will work just fine but the smoothest results, I’d recommend using a Vitamix or other high-speed blender. Carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Just be sure to allow the steam to escape as you blend by cracking the lid.
Ginger Carrot Soup Recipe
Creamy is where I went with this incredible coconut ginger carrot soup. Even better, this soup is an amazing immunity-booster just in time for cold and flu season. The fresh ginger, carrot, garlic and onion are all packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to help your body defend itself this season.
To help stay healthy this cold and flu season, think rainbows when you’re creating meals. The more colour you can get in your diet, the better, making this soup the perfect place to start.
More Healthy SoupsPrint
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in either 2 tsp of olive oil, vegetable stock or water for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ginger, carrot and spices, stir to combine and cook for another few minutes. Add a little splash of vegetable broth if the pan starts to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either use an immersion blender right in the pot or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve right away with toppings like fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, or store in the fridge up to 5 days. Can be frozen up to 3 months.
If you find it to be too thick when you’re done, simply stir in some extra vegetable stock, water or non-dairy milk.
Keywords: ginger carrot soup, vegan carrot, coconut carrot soup