This spiced coconut ginger carrot soup is ready in 30 minutes, full of flavour and so easy to make.
- Saute Onion and Garlic: If you’re using oil, heat it in a large soup pot over medium heat then add the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant and soft. For oil-free soup, use water or broth instead of oil.
- Add Ginger, Carrot and Spices: Add the ginger, carrot and spices, along with another pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly. If the pan starts to dry out, you can add a splash of water or broth.
- Simmer Soup: Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let it simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender and cooked through. Remove the soup from heat.
- Blend Soup: Use an immersion blender in the pot or carefully transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour it back into the pot.
- Season and Serve: Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve right away with finely chopped cilantro, a drizzle of coconut milk and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
If you find it to be too thick when you’re done, simply stir in some extra vegetable stock, water or non-dairy milk.
Leftover soup can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To freeze, cool then transfer to freezer bags or a freezer-safe container and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge if frozen then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: ginger carrot soup, vegan coconut carrot soup