- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in either 2 tsp of olive oil, vegetable stock or water for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ginger, carrot and spices, stir to combine and cook for another few minutes. Add a little splash of vegetable broth if the pan starts to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either use an immersion blender right in the pot or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve right away with toppings like fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, or store in the fridge up to 5 days. Can be frozen up to 3 months.
If you find it to be too thick when you’re done, simply stir in some extra vegetable stock, water or non-dairy milk.
Keywords: ginger carrot soup, vegan carrot, coconut carrot soup