5 Rounds Full-Body Strength Workout
For this full-body strength workout you’ll be working through 5 rounds of exercises that will challenge your entire lower body, upper body and core, as well as provide a cardiovascular workout.
There’s nothing complicated about this workout. It’s not an EMOM or an AMRAP and there’s no need for a timer. Don’t rush but move through it at a steady pace, resting shortly as needed but keeping it to a minimum.
This workout consists of 5 rounds of the following:
- Barbell Back Squat x 10
- 60-second Plank
- Dumbbell Bench Press (or floor press) x 10
- Dumbell Thruster x 15
- Dumbbell Step-Up x 10 per leg
- Toe Touches x 30
The back squats and bench press should be fairly heavy. Choose a weight that’s a little scary for you but you’ll be able to get through 5 sets of 10 with. The last couple reps should be very difficult.
The thruster weight can be something more manageable that you can move quickly and the step-up weight can be something tough but focus on keeping perfect form and really driving through the heel and glute. For the step-ups finish all 10 reps on one leg before switching to the other.
Add a Cardio Challenge
For a fun cardio addition, try adding a 400 m (0.25) mile sprint in between each round.
To perform this workout, you will need:
- Barbell and Rack. You will need 1 barbell with weight plates and a squat rack to perform the back squats. If you do not have access to this, you can use a dumbbell or kettlebell and do goblet squats, or hold one in each hand by your side.
- Dumbbells. You will need one heavy set of dumbbells for the bench press and a lighter set (or the same!) for the dumbbell thrusters.
More Workouts to Try
Loving this full-body workout? You should try these too:
- 40-Minute Full-Body EMOM
- Single-Arm Dumbbell Workout
- 30-Minute Full-Body Superset Workout
- 30-Minute Full-Body Strength Workout
- Core and Upper Body Circuit Workout