Pecan Pie Energy Bites
These pecan pie energy bites are easy to make in minutes with just 4 simple ingredients! Enjoy for a sweet snack, quick breakfast or healthy holiday dessert.
- dietary needs: vegan and gluten-free
- nutritional features: no added sugar, oil-free
- quick and easy: you’ll need just 10 minutes and 4 ingredients
- dates – any variety works as long as they’re soft and moist
- pecans – use plain, raw pecans with no added oil or salt
- sea salt – use a good quality sea salt like maldon, pink, grey etc., do not use table salt
- vanilla – use a good quality, pure vanilla extract if you have it (artificial vanilla will be fine in a pinch but it doesn’t deliver the same flavour)
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Add all the ingredients to food processor.
Step 2. Blend everything into a thick, sticky dough you can easily press together between your fingers.
Quick Tip: If the mixture is too crumbly to roll into balls, add 1 tsp of warm water and process again. Repeat as needed. If your dates were soft, this shouldn’t be an issue but you may need 1-2 tsp of water if they were on the dry side.
Roll the dough into balls and enjoy your yummy pecan pie bites!
- Dates: It’s important to use soft, moist dates in this recipe as they create the “dough” and bind the recipe. If your dates are overly dry, place them in a bowl (pit first) and soak in hot water for 15 minutes. After soaking, drain well and proceed with the recipe.
- Storage: Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving: As is for a sweet treat or dessert, or try crumbling over smoothie bowls, ice cream and yogurt. Great for a pre-workout snack and perfect for holiday goodie trays!
Substitutions and Additions
- Pecans: Can be subbed with walnuts or almonds.
- Spices: If you like, add a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and/or ginger.
- Coating: For an extra treat, roll in powdered sugar or coconut sugar mixed with cinnamon.
If you love these, you might like these ones too:
- Banana Bread Bites
- Lime Coconut Energy Bites
- Cinnamon Date Coconut Balls
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bites
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can press together between your fingers. If it’s not sticking together (it should if your dates were soft), add 1 tsp warm water and process again. Repeat as needed until the dough is rollable.
- Remove and roll into 12 balls.
Dates: It’s impotant to use soft, moist dates in this recipe as they create the “dough”. If your dates are overly dry, place them in a bowl (pit first) and soak in hot water for 15 minutes. After soaking, drain well and proceed with the recipe.
Storage: Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: pecan pie bites, no-bake pecan balls