Goji Berry Balls
These no-bake vegan vanilla goji berry balls with cacao nibs are easy to make with just 4 ingredients for a simple, healthy snack.
- dietary needs – vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, no added sugar
- healthy snacking – these make the perfect homemade healthy snack or dessert option
- travel well – pack them up to-go, perfect for road trips, work, school, camping and hiking
- quick and easy – you’ll need just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time
- goji berries – look for dried goji berries, they’re readily available online or in well-stocked grocery stores and natural food stores
- cacao nibs – instead of chocolate chips or dark chocolate, this recipe calls for the real thing: raw cacao nibs. If you prefer something sweeter, you can use chopped dark chocolate or your favourite dairy-free chocolate chips instead of cacao.
- dates – use any kind of date to make these, just make sure they’re fairly soft. If your dates are very dry, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and drain well before using in the recipe
- cashews – use plain, raw cashews with no added oil or salt, the cashews can be subbed with almonds, walnuts or any mixture of the 3
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix into a thick, sticky dough you can easily press together between your fingers.
Quick Tip: If it’s not sticking together, add 1 tsp of warm water and blend again. That should do the trick but if not, repeat as needed.
Step 2. Use your hands to roll the dough into balls.
Notes and Tips
- Dates. Be sure to use soft, moist dates. If your dates are overly dry, soak pitted dates in hot water for 10 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- Storage. Store the finished bites in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
Here are some more yummy no-bake balls you’ll love:
- Lime Coconut Energy Bites
- No-Bake Chocolate Coffee Energy Bites
- Chocolate Superfood Energy Balls
- Hazelnut Cacao Energy Balls
For a variation of this recipe, try these Coconut Goji Berry Bliss Balls!
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix into a thick, sticky dough you can easily press together between your fingers. If it’s not sticking, add 1 tsp of warm water and process again. That should do the trick, but if not, repeat 1-2 times until it does.
- Roll into 12 balls and store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
Cacao nibs can be substituted with chocolate chips.
Be sure to use soft, moist dates as they bind the recipe together. If your dates are overly dry, pit them first then soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain well before using in the recipe.
Keywords: goji berry balls, goji berry energy bites
Update Note: Originally published on September 15, 2016. It was updated on February 19, 2020 with new text and photos.