Chocolate Coffee Energy Bites
These no-bake chocolate coffee energy bites are easy to make in minutes with just 4 simple ingredients.
- Dark chocolate. You can use any dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Dates. It’s imporant to use soft, moist dates in this recipe as they dates hold everything together. If your dates seem dry, soak in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- Cashews. Look for raw cashews, which should have no added oil or salt.
- Coffee beans. I like whole coffee beans in this recipe as they add a little crunch but you can also use ground beans. Keep in mind that if you use regular coffee beans, don’t eat the balls to close to bedtime! For any time snacking, be sure to use decaf beans.
These sweet little bites are insanely good. If you love coffee and chocolate together, you’ll love these! Blended with the soft, sweet dates and cashews, the final result is delicious.
Enjoy these energy balls for a pre-workout snack, healthy dessert or crumbled over yogurt, ice cream and smoothie bowls.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and oil-free.
More Easy Energy Bites
- Pecan Pie Energy Bites
- No-Bake Double Chocolate Salted Mocha Cookies
- Vegan Coconut Mocha Protein Balls
- Lime & Coconut Energy Bites
- Hazelnut Cacao Energy Balls
- Place the cashews and coffee beans in a food processo and break down.
- Add the dates and mix until a dough forms.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the chocolate.
- Roll into 12-14 balls and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition facts are are for if you make 12 balls out the recipe. To reduce the calories per ball, roll them into 14-15 smaller balls. I rolled mine on the larger size.
The dough can also be pressed into a parchment paper-lined pan and then cut into energy bars if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 148 calories
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 18 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: no-bake, energy, snack, healthy, easy, balls