Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
This Cumin Lime Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich is quick and easy, full of flavour and makes a healthy, vegan lunch or light meal anytime.
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad
This avocado chickpea mixture isn’t just for sandwiches but I was really craving soup and sandwich today for some reason, so that’s where mine ended up. However, it’s just as good in a wrap or on its own as a salad.
For bread, we use Silver Hills Bakery sprouted grain bread at my house. It’s a local BC brand that uses ingredients I can feel good about, their breads are also vegan which can’t be said of many typical highly-processed breads you’ll find in the grocery store.
Smashed Chickpea Avocado Sandwich Recipe
For this sandwich, I heaped a generous portion of chickpea-avo mix between two toasted pieces of Silver Hills Bakery Squirrelly Bread and topped with lettuce, cucumber and a little dijon mustard. A slice of fresh tomato would also be delicious in there, but feel free to throw on any of your favourite toppings. Oooo, sprouts would have been good too!! Someone try that for me!
Make It Your Way
Cumin and lime is just one way to change up this delicous smashed chickpea and avocado mixture. Here are a few other variations of smashed chickpea avocado salads!
- vegan mayonnaise, diced celery and red onion
- chopped pickles, lemon and onion
- sriracha sauce, cilantro and red onion
- green onion, lemon and dried cranberries
Those are just a few quick ideas. You can either use avocado or vegan mayonnaise to make smashed chickpea salad, from there, feel free to add in your favourite ingredients and make it your own!
More Recipes Like This
Here are some more easy wraps and sandwiches you’ll love:
- Spicy Chickpea Salad Wraps
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps
- Vegan “Tuna” Salad Sandwich
- Black Bean Red Rice Burritos
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl, or pulse in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread a generous portion of the mixture between two slices of toasted sprouted grain bread.
- Top with your favourite sandwich toppings and enjoy!
Use this mixture in wraps, sandwiches, as a salad topper or just eat as is!
Keywords: easy, tuna, healthy, lunch, quick